• The KillerFrogs

Fire Gary

Mean Purple

trying to be balanced.
yes, maybe give him the ultimatum to get rid a dead weight.

also yes, consider that Mason was fires at Vandy for sucking less.
Vandy. VANDY!

Mean Purple

10 years. Thats about as long as you want a coach to stay at the head of your program. After that, the results aren't really ever as good as you want. There are of course exceptions to that, Gary being one of them.
It's time for a change though. His message, or style, or whatever he has created and pushed over the past 4 years isn't working.
if he has not gotten us to an NC by now, aint gonna happen.

find someone who will.

traderfrog

I remember in 2009 our math group did a project on the math of football (this was before analyrics was popular, we were just nerds). Gary was invited to the speech and he actually came which was cool.

We talked about things like how you should go for it on 4th & 1 and 4th & 2 like, a lot. After the speech our teacher asked Gary if he would consider using anything from the presentation in his game decisions. He said that while he appreciated the speech, he would not use it in his decision making process because “that’s not how it works in real life.”

That’s a pretty good summary of Gary’s mindset. He is very set in his ways. Sometimes that’s been to his benefit in the past. Sometimes, more recently, it’s been to his detriment.

But when I see him punt on 4th & 1 at the OU 38, I can’t help but think about that darn math presentation…

PO Frog

I remember in 2009 our math group did a project on the math of football (this was before analyrics was popular, we were just nerds). Gary was invited to the speech and he actually came which was cool.

We talked about things like how you should go for it on 4th & 1 and 4th & 2 like, a lot. After the speech our teacher asked Gary if he would consider using anything from the presentation in his game decisions. He said that while he appreciated the speech, he would not use it in his decision making process because “that’s not how it works in real life.”

That’s a pretty good summary of Gary’s mindset. He is very set in his ways. Sometimes that’s been to his benefit in the past. Sometimes, more recently, it’s been to his detriment.

But when I see him punt on 4th & 1 at the OU 38, I can’t help but think about that darn math presentation…
Dopes like him somehow don’t understand that the numbers actually come from real life.

Mean Purple

I would actually agree with his answer to your class.

teams you face are different. watching ole miss fail on dumb 4th down tries right now because the analytics said to go for it.