• The KillerFrogs

Fire Gary

MadFrog

After all he has done for TCU, I would hate to see Gary get booted out. I do wish he would retire. I would take Dykes. I wish he could bring his QB with him (and let Max heal on the bench). Dykes would work the Transfer Portal a hell of a lot more than Gary does. We need a lot of transfers to beef up our lines with stronger players. Our D-line is especially weak. WVU shoved them all over the field and you can bet K-State will do the same. Dykes would also bench # 9 forever.

Rabidfrog

Shofner, as mentioned, was terrible at TCU but he was a ver successful offensive coach in the NFL both before and after his TCU stint.
yes, I meant to say he had never coached college, and a previous poster pointed that out. I had heard that Schof did not like to recruit, which if the AD (Windigger) knew that, he should have stayed clear of Schof, who was a great guy, but a disaster as a college coach. F. A. Dry with all his faults at least got us salty in defense. One of the most heartbreaking losses I ever saw at ACS was to Arkie when we had 'em beat and the poo Frog qb threw an INT with two min. left, or so, kicked a FG and won. Up to them Dry had a perfect game plan. Windigger should have hired Chuck Curtis. We would have been in much better shape today.

Wog68

yes, I meant to say he had never coached college, and a previous poster pointed that out. I had heard that Schof did not like to recruit, which if the AD (Windigger) knew that, he should have stayed clear of Schof, who was a great guy, but a disaster as a college coach. F. A. Dry with all his faults at least got us salty in defense. One of the most heartbreaking losses I ever saw at ACS was to Arkie when we had 'em beat and the poo Frog qb threw an INT with two min. left, or so, kicked a FG and won. Up to them Dry had a perfect game plan. Windigger should have hired Chuck Curtis. We would have been in much better shape today.
Shofner also didn't believe in strength training, so I've been told. That, and not enjoying recruiting, might explain why our largest linemen were in the 240 lb range.

Flying T

Tier 1
Potential new HC options. In no particular order. Listed age and current annual salary. I’m sure I’ve left some other good options off the list but think this covers most of the names that have been thrown out there.

Jamey Chadwell, Coastal, 44yrs old, $850k

Jeff Traylor, UTSA, 53yrs old, $800k

Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss, 46yrs old, $4.5M

Matt Campbell, ISU, 41yrs old, $4M

Jeff Monken, Army, 54yrs old, $932k

Luke Fickell, Cincy, 48yrs old, $3.4M

Sonny Dykes, SMU, 51yrs old, $1.34M

Hugh Freeze, Liberty, 52yrs old, $3M

Dave Clawson, Wake, 54yrs old, $2.1M

Justin Fuente, Va Tech, 45yrs old, $4.25M

Billy Napier, Louisiana, 42yrs old, $2M

Mel Tucker, Mich St, 48yrs old, $5.5M

Brent Brennan, San Jose St, 48yrs old, $850k

Bill Clark, UAB, 53yrs old, $1.61M

Will Healy, Charlotte, 36yrs old, $755k

Sean Lewis, Kent St, 35yrs old, $440k
I don't know why, but I think Tom Herman could reboot here and do really well.

gofor2

10 years. Thats about as long as you want a coach to stay at the head of your program. After that, the results aren't really ever as good as you want. There are of course exceptions to that, Gary being one of them.
It's time for a change though. His message, or style, or whatever he has created and pushed over the past 4 years isn't working.

4 Oaks Frog

10 years. Thats about as long as you want a coach to stay at the head of your program. After that, the results aren't really ever as good as you want. There are of course exceptions to that, Gary being one of them.
It's time for a change though. His message, or style, or whatever he has created and pushed over the past 4 years isn't working.
Oh no! Alabama is in trouble!
Why bother…

Shofner was a legacy hire...that was the mentality of TCU athletics and Windigger in the late 60’s early 70’s. Chuck Curtis is an example of that (I was for hiring him too). It wasn’t until they replaced Windigger that TCU athletics began to improve...