• The KillerFrogs

Final thoughts and I am moving forward...

Frog Attack II

Outstanding year! Showed me the promise of what could be a great run over the next decade. We helped stabilize the Big 12 as well. That said, lots of work to do. We know the level that we have to get to, because UGA isn't going anywhere.

And to be honest, just like the Mavs last year, we were probably ahead of the timetable a bit. The moment was definitely too big for us last night... but it will help us prepare and give us a North star for next year. Can't wait!

Go Frogs!

y2kFrog

That's a good analogy. Hopefully, we don't stumble through the season next year as the Mavs are doing this year.
You know what’s wild…The Mavs are fourth in the Western Conference. Point being, expectations are now raised. Much easier to be disappointed. The real hard work begins now!

Frogs1983

The key for the Coaches is to not let this loss define your season, but build on it going forward with this program. You exceeded expectations this season, got to where no one ever thought you would. Now that you've been there, (but failed,) you know what to expect going forward ,to get back someday again. Maybe not next season, but soon hopefully.

If the Frogs ever do get back, the Coaches will have a better handle on things I bet. Was a learning experience for them as well. All very new territory for Frogs football. Players, Coaches, Fans. Georgia was certainly better prepared, and focused like a lion for this game. TCU was a little wide eyed it seemed. Wasn't Georgia's first rodeo, you could tell.

tcufrogprince1

Outstanding year! Showed me the promise of what could be a great run over the next decade. We helped stabilize the Big 12 as well. That said, lots of work to do. We know the level that we have to get to, because UGA isn't going anywhere.

And to be honest, just like the Mavs last year, we were probably ahead of the timetable a bit. The moment was definitely too big for us last night... but it will help us prepare and give us a North star for next year. Can't wait!

Go Frogs!
Yall are in denial. This was embarrassing at best. The consequences of this will be epic. Marketing and student enrollment will suffer, recruiting will suffer and all the credibility we gained in tough wins was erased in one game in front of a national audience. Sonny shouldn't get fired, but this was negligence on his part. Now teams that bomb will be considered TCUs. Let's not sugar coat this like nothing happened. Losing is one thing. Losing this bad is tragic and detrimental.

Chew

Yall are in denial. This was embarrassing at best. The consequences of this will be epic. Marketing and student enrollment will suffer, recruiting will suffer and all the credibility we gained in tough wins was erased in one game in front of a national audience. Sonny shouldn't get fired, but this was negligence on his part. Now teams that bomb will be considered TCUs. Let's not sugar coat this like nothing happened. Losing is one thing. Losing this bad is tragic and detrimental.
Yeah…it’s not that bad and you should probably step away from the edge. But if you feel inclined to jump from that roof top then go for it I guess.

There was a metric scheiss ton of good that happened this year. That’s not going to disappear because we got smoked by Mike Tyson in his prime.

hfhmilkman

If you look at the history of football, this is nothing new. I listened to a podcast that TJ Lange was running and the question was asked, how come teams even in the pros launch duds. Lange went into a diatribe that I will summarize. The physical, mental, and spiritual effort to get up for every game is impossible. Sometimes it is grueling. There is a great stat about what teams do the week after playing the 49'ers. They are so physically punished, they are not even recovered after a week. If the pro's can't do it, we can't expect kids to do it even if its the last game. They are giving their all, but the tank is empty. Look at the best NFL teams in the last decade and ask how did they lose to that team. It is what it is and not the fault of coaches or players. Only singular GOATS have the focus to do this most of the time as this level of perfection is only possible in fictional characters like Minnesota Fats.

Last edited:

tcufrogprince1

Yeah…it’s not that bad and you should probably step away from the edge. But if you feel inclined to jump from that roof top then go for it I guess.

There was a metric scheiss ton of good that happened this year. That’s not going to disappear because we got smoked by Mike Tyson in his prime.
Here is your sign then because you are living in a world of delusion. We are the laughing stock of college football and just proved all the SEC [ Finebaum ]s right. You don't get over that by saying it was a good season. This will stick even more than our rosebowl win. I don't need to step off an edge. I didn't play. I'm just embarrassed that, that is the product we put on the field to represent TCU. That was pathetic by all.

y2kFrog

Here is your sign then because you are living in a world of delusion. We are the laughing stock of college football and just proved all the SEC [ Finebaum ]s right. You don't get over that by saying it was a good season. This will stick even more than our rosebowl win. I don't need to step off an edge. I didn't play. I'm just embarrassed that, that is the product we put on the field to represent TCU. That was pathetic by all.
Oregon lost 49-3 to Georgia and then 4 weeks later people were talking about them as a possible playoff team. Whatever people think today will long be forgotten in a month.

FrogCop19

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

You seem to be wallowing in the loss. Yes, we are the laughing stock of football this morning. Yes, the loss was embarrassing. Yes, it was literally painful to watch. But we went undefeated in the regular season and we made it to the National Championship.

I'll say that again: TCU made it to the National Championship.

You say we're deluded, I say you're being a malcontent, not happy unless you're miserable.

Chongo94

What part of dont care dont you understand? I’m off every day, flew for the largest airline in the world, you know how nonrev works?
Ummm and I care cause why?….you completely missed my point but that’s not surprising. You may get out but you definitely don’t get out out.

Chew

My sign? Ok, Bill Engvall.

No delusion here, as I have felt this team has performed well beyond the sum of its parts all year. This season was largely unprecedented as first year coaches and rebuilt teams generally have a steep learning curve. Did the team lose badly yesterday? scheiss yes they did. However, they have a great remainder of the season to point to and learn from as well as a staggering loss to an exceptionally talented team.

As far as the laughing stock of college football goes, where were these other teams when the game was played last night? Oh damn I forgot, Georgia beat all of them as well. Your doomsday schtick is tired.

Toad Jones

Super critical there, Frog Prince. Possibly give yourself a week's break, then come back. Welcome your post later, but at the moment, don't think so.

Frogs1983

A little over kill possibly. Doubt this will have zero affect on student enrollment.Recruiting can possibly benefit from this, especially NIL. Coaches can highlight areas of need to NIL recruits from this game.