• The KillerFrogs

Final: TCU 11 - FSU 7

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Longfrog @ Jun 23 2010, 11:08 PM) [snapback]587530[/snapback]
I like to play the hypothetical, "How much would you pay to have been there live." Miracle on Ice will always be #1. The Donovan goal is top 10, maybe top 5. I can't believe I might have to bump it on the same day.

I was there for all three, you weren't? :tongue:

Longfrog

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 23 2010, 10:18 PM) [snapback]587560[/snapback]

[Deleted]!

By the way, game just went up on ESPN3

Longfrog

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 23 2010, 10:18 PM) [snapback]587560[/snapback]

And if you say you were at the '86 Masters I will straight up hate you

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Longfrog @ Jun 23 2010, 11:26 PM) [snapback]587578[/snapback]
And if you say you were at the '86 Masters I will straight up hate you

I was caddying for Nicklaus.

curt3301

I had a softball game tonight and i tried to DVR the game but i got phone calls and text while i was at the park telling me what was going on. Everybody at the park that had anything to do with TCU was yelling and screaming when they found out. One guy was even up to bat next and had to be told to go to the plate because he was so interested in getting a score update before he went up to bat>> what a great day to be an "Amerifrog"

corpuschristifrog

Just watched the 8th again! Haven't said this in a while.......TCU Unbelieeeeeveable!
These guys are taking Omaha by storm, fans love them, announcers love them, we love them, what a great day to be a Frog!

Caleb has some nads too!

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(curt3301 @ Jun 23 2010, 11:47 PM) [snapback]587608[/snapback]
I had a softball game tonight and i tried to DVR the game but i got phone calls and text while i was at the park telling me what was going on. Everybody at the park that had anything to do with TCU was yelling and screaming when they found out. One guy was even up to bat next and had to be told to go to the plate because he was so interested in getting a score update before he went up to bat>> what a great day to be an "Amerifrog"

Sounds like the day Jamie Dixon the shot to beat Texas. Word is the baseball, which was playing in Lubbock, poured out of the dugout celebrating the shot and the win. Don't know if that is true, but heard it from several players on the team.

HUT-Frog

QUOTE(Frog_Fan71 @ Jun 23 2010, 10:04 PM) [snapback]587388[/snapback]
Holy smoke that was a great ending. I had turned off the KTCU broadcast after the 5th inning as I needed to get some web development done. I take a break and wander out to the living room and turn on the tube to see Curry crank that homer.

That was greatness!

I was the opposite. We were watching on TV until I had to take my son home. By the time we got there, it was 7-5.

KTCU's call of Curry's at-bat made my heart stop. We sat there as the count went full, son's eyes closed, my head down on the steering wheel.

"It's a long drive . . . but it's going to be short . . . "

We looked at each other broken-heartedly.

"No it's not! It's gone!"

We woke up the neighborhood screaming!!!!!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 23 2010, 10:59 PM) [snapback]587510[/snapback]
Stellar commentary by the dude filming it. Do you realize that the WHOLE stadium was on their feet cheering as that pitch was thrown? Goosebumps.

"That was a big ( I'm an uneducated idiot that uses profanity) you to the Noles ..." :laugh: :laugh:

joefrog91

QUOTE(DrHFrog @ Jun 23 2010, 11:02 PM) [snapback]587515[/snapback]
DAMNIT - I wasn't home until the 9th inning... not to worry - can watch the DVR version.... Not so fast technilogically challenged one...fire up the DVR... fast forward to top of 8th... pop open the cold one... men on 1st and 3rd...one out.. top of 8th... and the stinking DVR shut off as the game exceeded the hour time limit direct tv allowed and the 30 min extension was not set for inexplicable reasons!!! Certainly direct tv can figure out tokeep the dvr's going til the stinking games are OVER - HELLO !!!
So I suggest you don't rely on the dvr... cancel the wedding.... or move it to Rosenblat Stadium... 7th inning stretch I do's should work, right? Good luck with that! - and the marriage, too!

I watched the game, but wanted to rewatch the homerun this morning. My DVR did the same thing. Oh well, at least I got to see it happen live.

SFA Frog

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Jun 23 2010, 11:14 PM) [snapback]587552[/snapback]
Would they recognize you? If I showed up and claimed to be their long-lost cousin SFAFrog, here in town to watch some baseball, and do you have a spare bed, would they go for it? Because if I just had a place to stay, I could probably pull this trip off.

Yeah, unfortunately they know me.

LVfrog

That was one of the hardest and most exhilirating baseball games I've ever seen. When Curry hit that homerun I jumped so high I nearly hit the ceiling fan.

Way to go Frogs.

Houston Frog

For all of you talking about going, just go.... it's worth it.

It's a 10 hour drive from Fort Worth, which will only cost you about $200 in gas (at least if you drive a pickup). Just grab a buddy or two, split gas, and then stay at the Econo Lodge Omaha on J Street for about $80/night (9 miles from the ballpark). Just make sure to request a non-smoking room. Also, try out the indoor pool, it's lovely.... me, TCU Riggs, and about 8 buddies partied balls there til about 4 in the morning after the UCLA game in our boxers. It was a Schmitts Gay moment, but it was fun

jake102

I agree with this. I went to the first game on Saturday and it is quite amazing. If we make the CWS finals I might be making another trip.

SnoSki

QUOTE(OmniscienceFrog @ Jun 23 2010, 10:37 PM) [snapback]587473[/snapback]
This should forever be known as the snowman in June.

Let it be done.

Latest posts