• The KillerFrogs

Fiesta Bowl Tickets

ticketfrog123

The biggest issue this year is each school only received 12,500 tickets as compared to 17,500 tickets the last time we went to the Fiesta Bowl. We sold those as well as 2300 more that we requested. I guess being a CFP game, the rules are different.
Biggest issue is if you gave $10k if 2011 to TCU athletics those points don’t count anymore because it’s a rolling 10-yr system.

Most schools do lifetime donation. So if you’re not a big time donor your whole life (or get reseated) - there’s bad news coming

Dogfrog

Good to see that fans are receiving their emails. Wish we could have taken care of all requests, but obviously we could not.

Both teams receive 13,000 tickets. We had requests for almost 27,000. Before the bowl game announcements on Sunday, we had roughly 7,000 tickets requested. From announcement time on Sunday until the Monday deadline, we received another 20,000 requests. We also had almost 1800 students request a ticket with their deadline being Tuesday the 6th. The cutoff rank for receiving tickets was 3800.

Thanks for your patience if you have been trying to call or email a ticket office of 3 people and a couple of students. A lot of moving pieces behind the scenes that must be done after hours, despite a basketball game on Monday and Tuesday night. The staff is amazing!!

We will begin to allocate seats and charge cards this week. Data is due to the Fiesta Bowl on the 16th. They will send tickets after that date.

For the National Championship game, TCU receives 20,000 tickets. So if you placed a request for that game, there is a strong possibility you will get tickets. Even if you did not get them for the Fiesta Bowl.

Thanks for your support!

Go Frogs!
Ato, you guys worked hard on this and it is appreciated. Should we be in this position in the future would you consider moving the request deadline to before the games and announcement? The request format is based on commitment to pay for future possible games anyway. That would allow you to have your allotment for each possibility lined up prior to games and announcements, and get the results out shortly after the announcement. Waiting til Monday makes this difficult for the ticket office and fans who need to firm up travel.

FrogBall09

Lol this is funny - you or your son think he got 400 points over 10 years by just purchasing season tickets and a parking pass? There’s plenty of guys on here that do exactly that

30 points is $1k of donations. Your son has ~350 points if the rank is remotely correct.

People wouldn’t be complaining if season ticket loyalty was awarded at the rate your claiming.
he said he has 335.38, he also has 2 women's basketball since the same year he bought men's. He did not ask for his money back for the covid years - so maybe that made a big difference however he indicated he had actually fallen from the 2400's to a little past 2600 in the last 2 years. No idea about the details of the calc - but he said he doesn't give beyond the "donation" portion of his seats for each sport and not asking for his money back for COVID season sports that were affected.

Again - all I ways trying to point out is when people say " I have had 8 season tickets for 10 years and 2 tailgate spots but got hosed" - I don't get how that results in being below 3800. I get out of town people not wanting to spend money - or people who gave up season tix to buy from the open market for a few games vs the whole season. But then this is the reality - when you really want to go to a specific game, it is expensive. Not any different than post season baseball when we host Regionals/Supers.

I do agree with you that the 10 yr average thing can hurt and really makes it better to take advantage of the 5 yr pay off plan they created for a donation even if you don't need it - like you, I gave a pretty large donation in 2010 that has since rolled off and it hurt, but then I understood that when I did it. Now I spread out the amount over 4 or 5 years to stay more consistent year to year - although there is always a little slippage since guys buy in above me each year.

frogfan72

Been renovated twice since then. And honestly, it can’t be worse than the Rose bowl.

First of all, how dare you.

Second of all, SFS had been open all of 3 seasons when we were last there. I doubt renovations fixed it's primary issues. I'd rather watch a game at Sun Devil Stadium over SFS.

frogfan72

Why? Cardinals stadium has positive feedback from others here
If you like sterile, NFL stadiums - sure, it's a stadium. There's no scene out there. Much like Texas Stadium was - you drive up out in the middle of nowhere, go to the game, then get in your car and wait to leave.

Putt4Purple

If you like sterile, NFL stadiums - sure, it's a stadium. There's no scene out there. Much like Texas Stadium was - you drive up out in the middle of nowhere, go to the game, then get in your car and wait to leave.
Isn't this what were supposed to do when attending a football game? What are you expecting? A circus, magic acts a concert in every parking lot.?

Dogfrog

Yea I used to travel out there on business years ago. I got a ticket having never been pulled over. Trying to remember if National car rental presented me the ticket or if I got it in the mail.

DeuceBoogieNights

Trying to figure out when I should buy tickets is a guessing game. Do people think prices will come down or go up? Wait until closer to the game or risk it now? Decisions...

HFrog1999

Yea I used to travel out there on business years ago. I got a ticket having never been pulled over. Trying to remember if National car rental presented me the ticket or if I got it in the mail.

Yeah, if you're in a rental, you're screwed. They will send you the bill.

I went out there several times for business and just made sure I didn't speed.

Now, if you're in your own car, it's a different deal.

I had a friend who lived out there with tons of unpaid speeding tickets.

DeuceBoogieNights

Just FYI, if you are driving, there are check points near El Paso that are sometimes open or closed. Don't take any Devils lettuce with you. Wait until you get to Arizona and I wouldn't risk bringing any back. Go another way if that's your thing.

ticketfrog123

Trying to figure out when I should buy tickets is a guessing game. Do people think prices will come down or go up? Wait until closer to the game or risk it now? Decisions...
I would wait. Week of the game you’ll see downward movement. Ticket fees and flights for Michigan guys are $1,200 per person easily without hotel, etc.

It’s unclear how many tickets get sold to locals and Fiesta bowl but appears to be 50%

DeuceBoogieNights

I would wait. Week of the game you’ll see downward movement. Ticket fees and flights for Michigan guys are $1,200 per person easily without hotel, etc.

It’s unclear how many tickets get sold to locals and Fiesta bowl but appears to be 50%

Thanks for the info. I kinda feel like I should wait a little longer.