• The KillerFrogs

Fiesta Bowl Tickets

Dr.HFroog

Damn I already paid the 30$ deposit and asked for TCU tickets with my fingers crossed. I was gonna pay 350 for 400 level seats on the secondary market, assume TCU tickets will be in the 400 level for 185$. Now I’m reading about all the crappy tickets people got last time we went to Phoenix and I’m worried. Do I have to take the tickets or can I loose the 30$ and move on.
I was notified that I did not get tickets from the TCU "points" lottery. That's what I thought would happen as I'm just a fan, former long time season ticket holder (until the ticket office sold my tickets out from under me after I tried to add 4 end zone tickets to my 4 sideline season ticket package!), long time BB season ticket holder and post season playoff bowl games and NCAA BB attendee since Johnny Swaim's Frogs played in Wichita in the last 60's. But what really chaps my arse is the fact that when I preordered tickets thru TCU I paid $30.00 non-refundable if I didn't get tickets for the Big 12 playoff game (which I did receive HIGH above the field, but watching on the big screen worked), the Bowl game, and the National Championship game. Now that I was notified that I would not receive tickets for Arizona, they had the gall to ask for another $30.00 if I want to be put on the list for Ingleside, Ca on Jan 9th. Not to worry, I'll just sell my house and kids and donate more so I can move up the list and enjoy the benefit of getting courtside BB tickets also where I will have about 20-30 empty seats on all sides of me where the other "big guys" never show! But the answer to your question is consider the $30.00 a "donation, non-tax deductible" and move on but if your status is high enough and you get tickets you don't want, you pay for them anyway as they already have your CC information and you agreed to this when you put in your request for tickets. Still rooting, always, for the Frogs !!

FrogBall09

So I get everyone who didn’t get seats are annoyed - but there always seems to be a group complaining about all they “have done” that never adds up

My son is a 2009 grad that doesn’t get lettermen points like his sister and I do.

He has had 3 football seats since 2010 that are in the 200s at the 5 yd line-no club or parking. He also has 3 baseball seats under the cover in the upper deck since 2010 and added a OF parking pass when they started selling those a few years ago.

He has had 2 basketball seats in the 200s for about 7 years.

He doesn’t donate beyond seats because they have 3 young kids and are focused on saving money.

even with that basic stuff, he is ranked about 2400 and got seats for the Fiesta bowl- they allocated tix to 3800.

I know we all want to go but honestly if you aren’t ranked higher than 3800, you aren’t really spending that much with TCU because my son does nothing special at all for his rank beyond paying for 8 seats and a $300 parking spot a year across 3 sports.

So how much can you really complain that you don’t get seats now when everyone know what is needed to be just average in points and it’s not that much…

Last edited:

Long Time Lurker

So I get everyone who didn’t get seats are annoyed - but there always seems to be a group complaining about all they “have done” that never adds up

My son is a 2009 grad that doesn’t get lettermen points like his sister and I do.

He has had 3 football seats since 2010 that are in the 200s at the 5 yd line-no club or parking. He also has 3 baseball seats under the cover in the upper deck since 2010 and added a RF parking pass when they started selling those a few years ago.

He doesn’t donate beyond seats because they have 3 young kids and are focused on saving money.

even with that basic stuff, he is ranked about 2400 and got seats for the Fiesta bowl- they allocated tix to 3800.

I know we all want to go but honestly if you aren’t ranked higher than 3800, you aren’t really spending that much with TCU because my son does nothing special at all for his rank beyond paying for 8 seats and a $300 parking spot a year across 3 sports.

So how much can you really complain that you don’t get seats now when everyone know what is needed to be just average in points and it’s not that much…
Not everyone lives in the metroplex. Hopefully we will get a chance to move back to Fort Worth and I can get my points up by being able to attend as many events as your family.

I’m not complaining though, I pretty much knew I wasn’t getting tickets, wing and a prayer type move for me.

East Coast

Tier 1

He has had 3 football seats since 2010 that are in the 200s at the 5 yd line-no club or parking. He also has 3 baseball seats under the cover in the upper deck since 2010 and added a RF parking pass when they started selling those a few years ago.

Sounds to me that he does a lot. I saw Matt Boesen was shaking his head that he wasn't able to get tickets. But I don't know if he does anything besides get his letterman points.

The way it works now it's almost impossible for someone that's from far out of town to get above the bottom levels in priority points unless they donate a fair amount to athletics (thousands of $$ a year). I used to get a percentage of my regular TCU donation applied to my points, but no longer. My frog club donations were not large and they don't really get me anywhere on points, so most years I just give what I want to TCU as a whole.

ticketfrog123

But I needed to know Saturday at 1 pm how many tickets I got and where they were and what the concessions menu was at the stadium and whether or not QJ will be 100% healthy for the game! Get with it ato!
Feel free to tag the users who had to pay an extra $1,000 for a family of 4 to secure tickets yesterday to see if they think this is funny.

ticketfrog123

I appreciate the detailed post - but this is wildly inaccurate. Your son either (1) donates thousands a year to TCU to get a rank near 2,000 or (2) donated thousands during Covid when they ran a double points promo

Point total up that high requires $13k of donations

Last edited:

Big Frog II

The biggest issue this year is each school only received 12,500 tickets as compared to 17,500 tickets the last time we went to the Fiesta Bowl. We sold those as well as 2300 more that we requested. I guess being a CFP game, the rules are different.

Frog-O-Rama

But I needed to know Saturday at 1 pm how many tickets I got and where they were and what the concessions menu was at the stadium and whether or not QJ will be 100% healthy for the game! Get with it ato!
I've been to many Cardinals games here. Don't lose any sleep being curious about the concessions menu. Go before or after to Westgate [10 places] or Park West [7 places]. The Sicilian Butcher at Park West is very good. They have an in store bakery, as well, that is great.

Last edited:

HToady

The biggest issue this year is each school only received 12,500 tickets as compared to 17,500 tickets the last time we went to the Fiesta Bowl. We sold those as well as 2300 more that we requested. I guess being a CFP game, the rules are different.
I think it's more a change in the times, more electronic scalpers, more kickbacks. Don't think the Fiesta Bowl and CFP aren't making more on tickets offloaded to scalpers....ask Taylor Swift fans how the system works today.

r7commish

I didn't get tickets through TCU (rank 5,000) but was under the impression we don't get charged the $30.00 unless we get tickets. Is that accurate? Why would I need to pay $30 just to put my name on the list?

Eight

would guess there is the issue of corporate sponsorship.

similar to the number of tickets available for the super bowl each year for the teams that are actually playing in the game

FrogBall09

I appreciate the detailed post - but this is wildly inaccurate. Your son either (1) donates thousands a year to TCU to get a rank near 2,000 or (2) donated thousands during Covid when they ran a double points promo
No he doesn’t - that is why I call BS on people that say they have had many tickets for years and parking spaces, etc but have such low rankings they are not in the top 3800…

FrogBall09

I think it's more a change in the times, more electronic scalpers, more kickbacks. Don't think the Fiesta Bowl and CFP aren't making more on tickets offloaded to scalpers....ask Taylor Swift fans how the system works today.
I have a friend that has 45 yd line seats 25 rows up - he lives there and buys them every year - his cost per ticket this year was $1300/seat - the bowl is cleaning up on its own

StealthFrog

I talked to the ticket office about not receiving an email notifying me either way. They say that my email address got "unsubscribed" from my account which is odd because i received the email confirming i placed an order. So, for any of you that didn't receive an email notification it's worth calling the ticket office to make sure they have all your contact info regardless if you think you got tickets or not.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I talked to the ticket office about not receiving an email notifying me either way. They say that my email address got "unsubscribed" from my account which is odd because i received the email confirming i placed an order. So, for any of you that didn't receive an email notification it's worth calling the ticket office to make sure they have all your contact info regardless if you think you got ticketss time or not.
My experience was that the ticket folks can find you when it is time for money, but not necessarily if it involves your convenience.

ticketfrog123

No he doesn’t - that is why I call BS on people that say they have had many tickets for years and parking spaces, etc but have such low rankings they are not in the top 3800…
Lol this is funny - you or your son think he got 400 points over 10 years by just purchasing season tickets and a parking pass? There’s plenty of guys on here that do exactly that

30 points is $1k of donations. Your son has ~350 points if the rank is remotely correct.

People wouldn’t be complaining if season ticket loyalty was awarded at the rate your claiming.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
As stated above, I think some of us jumped because of the double points when you donated off our season tickets in the Covid year. I know it helped our family. We have had season tickets for baseball since 2011, Women's basketball since 2016, and football in our own name since I believe 2016. But other than a couple hundred in additional donations a year on the TCU gives day...that's it.

CountryFrog

When are they going to let us know about the natty tix? Would just like to know if I'm in or not.
Ato commented that TCU will receive 20k tickets if we make it and if you put in a request then you will almost definitely get tickets.

Beyond that I would recommend calling the ticket office if you're super anxious about it but maybe wait until next week so they can get through all the craziness related to the Fiesta Bowl this week. They will appreciate your patience I'm sure.