• The KillerFrogs

Fields Expected Back for Senior Year

ChrisBradshaw

Always good to see a person with great abilities be able to not completely throw it all away. Good for him.

Justin Blackmon on the other hand was arrested for a DWI yesterday. That guy needs some help

Daddymac said:
The article said he played outside linebacker. The games I watched he was playing defensive end.

Kind of an oversimplification because there are various incarnations but....   If they run a 3-4, and I think they do, then his position is called outside linebacker even though he plays outside and close to the line.  Usually, one OLB is a bigger pass rusher type and the other a smaller more athletic type who can also drop into coverage.  Think Demarcus Ware when the Cowboys ran a 3-4, he was an outside linebacker.  In a 4-3 or 4-2-5, its a down lineman referred to as a DE.

FrogSwagSurfin

More Frogs the Better said:

Kind of an oversimplification because there are various incarnations but....   If they run a 3-4, and I think they do, then his position is called outside linebacker even though he plays outside and close to the line.  Usually, one OLB is a bigger pass rusher type and the other a smaller more athletic type who can also drop into coverage.  Think Demarcus Ware when the Cowboys ran a 3-4, he was an outside linebacker.  In a 4-3 or 4-2-5, its a down lineman referred to as a DE.
Yep. Fields is basically playing WDE and SDE aranding up. Since the FSU game he's been playing really well. If he came into the year in shape he would be an All American again.

LisaLT

The talent was always there, but his immaturity derailed his career at TCU. Good for him if he's back on track.

Get Your Frogs Up

frognutz said:
Slow news days, but thought this was interesting regarding Devonte.  Apparently he has been coming on strong for the Cards the second half of the season.  I for one am happy for him that he has worked his way back from the hole he dug for himself.  Tied for 2nd nationally in tackles for loss.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2015/12/14/todd-grantham-expects-devonte-fields-back-2016/77302204/
15 TFL in last six games is pretty good.

maximilian

Good for him getting back on the right path.

I remember reading about his TVCC career and how he was just picking ants off his cleats during halftime one game. Sounded like more wasted talent.

Fairbanks

frognutz said:

The justice system ran its course and charges were dropped.  Even if guilty, which he isn't, guy has paid his dues and climbed back out.
Sorry, guys that hit girls have no business playing college football, unless it's for baylor. Laying your hand on a woman is inexcusable.

Latest posts