• The KillerFrogs

"...feels like the Rust Belt Conference."

icemonkee

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1285353624' post='646930']
I don't know what your definition of Rust Belt is but I've been to St. Louis and it definitely seems like the Rust Belt to me.
[/quote]

Technically speaking the Rust Belt would be the historical manufacturing/steel zones of the Great Lake states... basically from Chicago through Pennsylvania.

Detroit, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh are the best reference points.

Then again, I am picky because I'm a geography nut

The rust belt is mainly considered to be northern Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and PA. Big 10 Country ...

I don't know what your definition of Rust Belt is but I've been to St. Louis and it definitely seems like the Rust Belt to me.
[/quote]

South Texas Frog

Technically speaking the Rust Belt would be the historical manufacturing/steel zones of the Great Lake states... basically from Chicago through Pennsylvania.

Detroit, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh are the best reference points.

Then again, I am picky because I'm a geography nut

Quick...the capitol of Malaysia?

oldscribe

[/quote]

naw....St. Louis is like Memphis, Cincinnati, Cumberland Md., Natchez, etc......old river cities that are sort of elderly painted ladies.

jake102

Rust belt sounds like a belt that you leave out in the rain.

I'd be willing to bet you can find them everywhere.

RufeBruton

Being a 37 year vet of the steel business, the Rust Belt does in fact include St. Louis. There has always been a St. Louis District in the measurement of raw steel production. St. Louis "was" the home to a Ford Motor Assembly Plant, a Chrysler Assembly Plant (car and truck), and Chevrolet made Corvettes there until the plant moved to Bowling Green.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Although manufacturing exists nationwide, the region is roughly defined as comprising the northern sections of Illinois (particularly the southern portion of the Chicago Metropolitan Area); northern and central Indiana and Ohio; southeastern and northwestern Wisconsin; the Lower Peninsula of Michigan; western and central New York, especially around Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse; Northern New Jersey and the outer boroughs of New York City; most of Pennsylvania; far western portion of the Maryland panhandle; and the northern part of West Virginia, particularly the Northern Panhandle. Saint Louis, Missouri may be considered a manufacturing center, although the surrounding parts of Missouri and Illinois are not part of the region.[sup][5][/sup]

Sometimes the adjacent portions of Ontario (particularly the southern and southwestern parts) are included as well. This portion includes heavily industrial Ontario cities such as Hamilton, St. Catharines, Sarnia and Windsor. Despite a diverse concentration of manufacturing industries, Toronto is not included because of its long held position as a finance, banking, media, and transportation center within Canada.

jake102

you have to take the metal of the buckle into account...a steel buckle will rust, but a copper one will just oxidize and turn green

Who would leave a copper buckle in the rain? That stuff is worth good money.

I've been thinking of getting into the copper stealing industry.

Deep Purple

rustbelt.jpg