• The KillerFrogs

FBSchedules: TCU adds Abilene Christian to 2025 football schedule

Big Frog II

I hope that when we go to 12 teams in the Big 12 that we drop down to 8 conference games so we can quit beating each other up. This is how the SEC does it, and it works well for them. We need to play 4 non-conference games. 1 easy game, 2 mediums, and 1 tough. ACU doesn't bother me as much as the SWAC and Duquense. For the easier game, I would schedule a Texas State, La. Mo., NMSU, type game.

froginaustin

If 8 conference games in a 12-game schedule become a national standard, it may become harder for TCU to get a "1 tough" OOC game on anything close to favorable terms. The "toughs", Ohio State, Michigan, and the SEC heavies, for example, will bargain for one-and-dones if not at their respective places then at JerryWorld. PAC "toughs" (I use that word lightly) are trying to schedule as their "medium" and "tough" games, teams from the B1G and the ACC, if their conference commissioner is to be believed. Not troublesome teams from the B12 or the SEC that are loss-threats and that might/will use West Coast appearances as an opportunity to recruit their local talent.

I understand that, with perfect hindsight, TCU would have been a "medium" for most P5 schools in the last few years. But TCU has been and has the potential to be again, a "tough". That, plus marketing considerations, could make it hard for TCU to avoid non-con schedules filled with not-so-successful opponents. Or one-and-done games away from home. Or teams that really can frequently be "tough", the Mississippi schools and Arkansas cross my mind, but won't move the needle nationally on TV ratings playing TCU.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
CoC and DoC are bitter rivals. Very much like bloods and crips.
I remember back in the day if you were outside the five and dime an hour or so before church on Saturday evening there were some pretty big dust ups between the COC’s and the DOC’s. Some semi harsh words were exchanged. Some feelings were hurt. Usually ended in a prayer circle and fellowship. Those were scary days.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I remember back in the day if you were outside the five and dime an hour or so before church on Saturday evening there were some pretty big dust ups between the COC’s and the DOC’s. Some semi harsh words were exchanged. Some feelings were hurt. Usually ended in a prayer circle and fellowship. Those were scary days.
As long as the terse emails were kept to a minimum...no worries.

Froglaw

Our sister school... sure why not?

No, ACU is Church of Christ. No instruments in their sanctuary.

Texas Christian University was founded by the Disciples of Christ Church.

We, the DOC, believe in the “make a joyful noice”, an open communion table, and other doctrine that is different than the COC.

Not a Sister School of TCU.

Froglaw

I would urge you to do a little more research on the origins of the CoC. This isn't a good format to have a discussion, but do some more research. Have a great day and Go Frogs!!

True, the COC broke off from the DOC or the DOC broke off from the COC depending on who you talk to regarding church history.

Some congregations went as far to remain one church but had two service but covered up the organ for the COC service.

But the point is that ACU is NOT a sister school of TCU.

Eight

True, the COC broke off from the DOC or the DOC broke off from the COC depending on who you talk to regarding church history.

Some congregations went as far to remain one church but had two service but covered up the organ for the COC service.

But the point is that ACU is NOT a sister school of TCU.

one would up that organs would be covered during service