• The KillerFrogs

Fake punt during Rose Bowl

Stiff Arm Frog

Drunk Wisky fan with dried vomit all over his face picking a fight with TCU fans in the men's room on the TCU side, after cutting in line (it was about a 3 or 4 minute wait). If any of you saw it, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. Hilarious and par for the course for that fan base.

Nope, missed it. Didn't leave my seat the whole game. I did, however, get to witness a TCU fan so drunk he was inarticulately sobbing/begging the nursing major in our group to take him home . . . about 5 minutes into the second half.

I will never understand why some people will pay hundreds of dollars for a ticket, pile into a car/plane, go off to the sporting event of their life, and then miss the whole thing by getting blitzed. TCU vs. Wyoming? Sure, I can kind of understand that. TCU in the Rose Bowl? What is wrong with some people?

Big Frog II

Nope, missed it. Didn't leave my seat the whole game. I did, however, get to witness a TCU fan so drunk he was inarticulately sobbing/begging the nursing major in our group to take him home . . . about 5 minutes into the second half.

I will never understand why some people will pay hundreds of dollars for a ticket, pile into a car/plane, go off to the sporting event of their life, and then miss the whole thing by getting blitzed. TCU vs. Wyoming? Sure, I can kind of understand that. TCU in the Rose Bowl? What is wrong with some people?
I agree. There was someone I would say in his early 20's down the row from me at the Rose Bowl who missed half the game going and coming for beer and the rest room. He got in my way everytime he was headed to the aisle. Why even bother to show up at the game if all you are going to do is drink. You can do that at home much, much cheaper and not bother other people. I have no tolerance for those people.

Genbukan

Alcoholism.

I like a cold beer as much as anyone, something the girth of my gut is testament to, but theres a time and place for everything. A football game isn't a frat party.

JugbandFrog

Alcoholism.

I like a cold beer as much as anyone, something the girth of my gut is testament to, but theres a time and place for everything. A football game isn't a frat party.
I did not leave my seat once I got into the stadium. I am one of those fools who wasted a moment getting drunk at the Fiesta Bowl. Part of it was it was my first outing since I called off my wedding and I had not seen any of my close friends in ages. We got a little carried away in RV lot.

I learned from it and realized the lesson from it. However, I was pretty blitzed at the UNLV game, but that was my only slip up since then.

It was hard though as we like to party, and even the night before I fought my friends hard to call it a night at a decent hour so we wouldn't be hungover/late for anything the next day. I didn't have a single beer the night before the Rose Bowl.

The most frustrating part of the whole fiasco is that the wiscy punter completely telegraphed the play when they went offsides by running it out after the whistle and our coaches and players missed it.

This. Although my hope is that the coaches and players saw it and just thought there was no way they'd try it again after the five yard penalty ...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I agree. There was someone I would say in his early 20's down the row from me at the Rose Bowl who missed half the game going and coming for beer and the rest room. He got in my way everytime he was headed to the aisle. Why even bother to show up at the game if all you are going to do is drink. You can do that at home much, much cheaper and not bother other people. I have no tolerance for those people.

I like how they are proud of what a jackass fool they are, like they have accomplished something great for all to see unaware everyone is noting what an idiot that person is.

They should receive an "accidental" nudge on the steps.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog

Sorry, I'll try to control myself next time.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Go figure. There was free beer (Bud, Lite, and the like) at the Tailgate Party over on the golf course, and mixed drinks for $2. I had 4 beers over the course of the morning along with a very tasty lunch (2 trips). Mr. Brewingfrog had a couple of Bloody Marys. No big deal.

The thing was, we were well aware of the bathroom situation inside the Rose Bowl and thus timed the amount of beer/booze consumed with bathroom availability. As in, don't get full of beer and then hike into the Rose Bowl where there are limited and long duration bathroom options only. We both only did one break and didn't miss much (relatively speaking). What's yet another blocked punt?

I can understand nervousness, stress, and all that, but getting bombed to a drooling state and being utterly incoherent at the Biggest TCU Game EVER? That's just sad.

mrnicefrog

Two things about the fake punt
2) This game would not have been as close had we gotten the ball back. No field goal, we get something on the board and Wisconsin goes in a tough spot.

I agree 100%. Fake punt is the only reason the game was even close.

Not to mention, the fake punt is the only reason we lost the Fiesta Bowl! :angry:

steelfrog

Tier 1
What's worse--watch the play before where he starts to run it (on 4th and 4) and they had a false start or whatever; now it's 4th and 9; gee, you think they might try it again? I don't get it...

steelfrog

Tier 1
I like how they are proud of what a jackass fool they are, like they have accomplished something great for all to see unaware everyone is noting what an idiot that person is.

They should receive an "accidental" nudge on the steps.

That is hardcore and just wrong, Top.

Steel loves it!!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I am not sure anyone caught this but right before the fake punt when they got the 5 yard penalty the punter took off like he was going for it. Can't believe they still did it....

:rolleyes:

SnoopFrogs11

That was sad that they had to do a fake punt just to stay in the game and all they did after the game was whine. Then moan about how they blew it.

Tried to DVR it again this morning, as it is being shown on ESPNU again today, probably right now.

Wife says and I quote, "Hell no, don't even think about it, you already have it DVR'ed and password protected, you don't need to DVR it again."

Bottom line, fake punt or not, we won and it still feels real good.