• The KillerFrogs

Expectations/Predictions for OU game

Limp Lizard

I would have loved this OU team in 2017 while our defense was playing so well. Despite the numbers and all the praise for Hurts from the media, this OU offense is a shadow of what we saw in 2017 under Mayfield. OU's big improve is they have gone from awful to mediocre on defense. In 2017 we were shutting everyone down and Mayfield picked us apart by throwing incredibly accurate passes to just the right player at just the right time, again and again. Hurts is a hell of a runner, but if this young defense can show any semblance to GP late November defenses at all, then we have a chance. But the offense needs to do its part. Especially in the red zone. After the Purdue game the offensive line has been mediocre at best, even with Niang in there. Our poor offense did not start with Niang leaving.

Still, I can see OU being just flat enough to give us a chance. Just a matter of a very young defense playing like a GP defense and an awful offense take a big step up to mediocre. A lot to ask but it happens. And since it looks like OU is cut out of the playoffs even if they win their next games 100-0, I have no problems beating them to give a little lift to our Titanic-like recruiting stock.

Froginbedford

I personally am not sure what to make of this game. This could be a game where the team raises its level of play to the opponent and we have a heck of a ball game. However, I think we would need 2 or 3 turnovers to get the W because I don't think we can score enough points in a shootout. On the bright side, we are playing OU at the right time. Many of the young players now have some experience so we should be able to put in a better showing than had we played OU in week 1.

Temperature for the game is predicted to be in the 30s. This is good 20 to 30 degree drop off in temperature from the rest of this week in Norman and about 30 to 40 degree drop from Ft. Worth. Hope our guys are ready for this and take it to them.

Historically, the Frogs have not performed well in cold temperatures....

42-17, unfortunately....

ATC Frog

I personally am not sure what to make of this game. This could be a game where the team raises its level of play to the opponent and we have a heck of a ball game. However, I think we would need 2 or 3 turnovers to get the W because I don't think we can score enough points in a shootout. On the bright side, we are playing OU at the right time. Many of the young players now have some experience so we should be able to put in a better showing than had we played OU in week 1.

Temperature for the game is predicted to be in the 30s. This is good 20 to 30 degree drop off in temperature from the rest of this week in Norman and about 30 to 40 degree drop from Ft. Worth. Hope our guys are ready for this and take it to them.

Is cold in Oklahoma City. Can confirm.

LSU Game Attendee

Lots of high risk/reward defensive pressure that will probably get the frogs burned over the top but increases the chance to create turnovers. Stay loose, have fun, deploy mouth punches, ricardo punches, etc...

ATC Frog

I've got OU by 17-24.

I can't come up with any reasonable path to success in this game. Hurts is going to protect the ball since he almost blew it against Baylor. That may limit their offense a little, but not nearly enough. Our only chance is how Baylor (almost) won.... OU turning the ball over multiple times and Lamb, Sermon, Calcutta not playing.

pretty sure sermon is out indefinitely and will miss tomorrow’s game. Calcaterra (Calcutta?) just announced he is retiring from football due to concussions.

Lamb is the only real potential to play in this game from your list, IMO.

still not sure that gives the frogs anything more than a puncher’s chance in the game. Your score differential is about what I’m thinking as well.

TX_Krötenechse

OU came out flat against Baylor and it cost them some standing with the committee. They’re going to come out looking to make a statement. Lincoln isn’t going to let up.

I think OU will be fired up, it’s a night game in Norman, and we frankly aren’t that good.

OU by three touchdowns or more.