• The KillerFrogs

"Even a lion won't eat if it's not hungry"

SnoSki

FROGS WIN as Augie sits his best starter in favor of a lesser SP.

Excellent strategy when a HUGE goal in a 3 game series should be to win the first game.

Augie Garrido, what a chump.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
TCU sat their best starter.

Nothing wrong with the strategy by Garrido. Its best of 3 but TCU takes the key 1st game and both teams still have aces to throw.

#1 guy probably loses today for UT anyway because Purke showed up big time.

SnoSki

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jun 11 2010, 04:43 PM) [snapback]575446[/snapback]

Nothing wrong with the strategy by Garrido. Its best of 3 but TCU takes the key 1st game and both teams still have aces to throw.

Probably so, but, you think it's smart for Garrido to concede the loss today by not throwing his ace? Why not throw your ace and have a better chance at winning, and getting TCU to burn theirs?

FrogJAM

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jun 11 2010, 03:43 PM) [snapback]575446[/snapback]

which in and of itself, proves Garrido's decision to sit the top guy. Would have been a wasted start. It's not like we bombed away on UT today, scored 3. Purke unreal. Just completely unreal.

SnoSki

QUOTE(FrogJAM @ Jun 11 2010, 04:45 PM) [snapback]575452[/snapback]
which in and of itself, proves Garrido's decision to sit the top guy. Would have been a wasted start. It's not like we bombed away on UT today, scored 3. Purke unreal. Just completely unreal.

Even so, it shows Garrido's unbridled arrogance to sit his ace, knowing it would likely mean a loss for UT in a 3-game series.

frogyou

yall act like they guy they rolled out there was 2-8 with a 5.46 ERA or something. the whorns are like TCU with no real 'ace'.

but i do think he messed up by not throwing their usual friday guy.

this could be over by tmrw night.

SnoSki

QUOTE(frogyou @ Jun 11 2010, 04:49 PM) [snapback]575460[/snapback]
yall act like they guy they rolled out there was 2-8 with a 5.46 ERA or something. the whorns are like TCU with no real 'ace'.

but i do think he messed up by not throwing their usual friday guy.

this could be over by tmrw night.

Hey, I'm not saying Green is the chump. He's a great pitcher, obviously!

I'm just saying that conventional wisdom says that you put your best foot forward...and Jungmann is the best one they have.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Arrogance would be if he holds back Jungmann until Sun cause you know Schloss most likely will hold Maxwell. Augie has to throw #1 tomorrow.

SnoSki

QUOTE(Horned Eagle @ Jun 11 2010, 04:58 PM) [snapback]575477[/snapback]
Drew, you're off base here. It was solid strategy. They threw the lesser SP and still gave us a ton of trouble.

Maybe so.

It just seems odd to me that in a 3 game series, they'd be okay with rising losing the 1st and HAVING to win the next two. It's not like our guys the next two days are vastly inferior. Jungmann will be tough to battle tomorrow, but I like our odds on Sunday, whether we throw Winkler or Maxwell.

I guess it's a huge asset that our most unpredictable pitcher is Purke, in that he is young. Luckily he was tough as nails today.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 11 2010, 04:39 PM) [snapback]575436[/snapback]
FROGS WIN as Augie sits his best starter in favor of a lesser SP.

Excellent strategy when a HUGE goal in a 3 game series should be to win the first game.
Augie Garrido, what a chump.

Augie sat Jungmann so that he could get his normal 6 days of rest because he threw last Sunday. He'll now probably start tomorrow on 5 days rest, but he would have sat him again if they won today. The guy they started was a 1st team All American and the Big 12 Pitcher of the Year. You're really off base with this one.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(goldenfrog @ Jun 11 2010, 05:03 PM) [snapback]575486[/snapback]
Schloss said he is pitching Maxwell tomorrow after the game.

I guess you go 1 against 1 but man I would hold him back and hope you steal one against Jungmann.

SnoSki

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 11 2010, 05:07 PM) [snapback]575491[/snapback]
The guy they started was a 1st team All American and the Big 12 Pitcher of the Year. You're really off base with this one.

Well, I guess I'm glad to be off base if this is true.. happy for us to knock of an all american pitcher!

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 11 2010, 05:10 PM) [snapback]575496[/snapback]
Well, I guess I'm glad to be off base if this is true.. happy for us to knock of an all american pitcher!

It's true. Also a 4th round draft pick.

FrogAbroad

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 11 2010, 04:12 PM) [snapback]575500[/snapback]
It's true. Also a 4th round draft pick.

Who lost to TCU's first-rounder.

:biggrin:

robbroyy

QUOTE(FrogAbroad @ Jun 11 2010, 05:24 PM) [snapback]575520[/snapback]

Who lost to TCU's first-rounder.

:biggrin:

The UT pitcher today was the BIG 12 PITCHER OF THE YEAR! I don't think there's a huge dropoff from him to the guy we faced today. Same as Maxwell for us.

NewFrogFan

Auggie Doggie should add that Lions that are down to one leg dont have much appetite and can't run after food
very fast either. Still think that Big 12 T performance was the lamest, weakest, excuse I've ever heard and if they lose tomorrow the strategy backfired big time.