• The KillerFrogs

ESPN

mc1502

Dude, give the playing in a barn business a rest. First, they played there because that is where their opponent plays. Nothing they can do about that. Second, the facility they played in has no bearing on anything. They could have played in a cow pasture and that wouldn't make any difference either.

Surely you understand why that keeps coming up, right? We are saying that they played a team that cares so little about its football program that they didn't even bother building a real college level game day facility. There is relevance in that fact.

OmniscienceFrog

Did Robert Smith get replaced for voting us #1 last week.

That was rather suspicious to me when it was announced Friday night.

The problem I had with Gilmore was his constant referral to TCU falling behind by 14 and then having to hold on at the end.

Yes Rod, but you conveniently forgot to mention that 40-7 TCU run in the middle that erased that early 14 point deficit and provided the cushion that allowed them to hold on.

What about that Rod?

CDAlexander

Surely you understand why that keeps coming up, right? We are saying that they played a team that cares so little about its football program that they didn't even bother building a real college level game day facility. There is relevance in that fact.

Sure, but not as far as rankings go. Judge the teams on their performance and record, not attendance numbers and stadium appeal. Otherwise you start sounding like any other BCS spinster. There are plenty of crappy teams out there that have great crowds and facilities, the two factors are not necessarily indicative of each other.

OmniscienceFrog

No there's not. Is there relevance in the fact that TCU doesn't play in, and sell out an 80-100,000 seat stadium every week, as some people see it?

jeremyjack22

We had our worst MOV game at the wrong time (later in the season). It's just funny how now Utah is terrible, but they beat the ISU that took top 10 Neb to overtime by 41. Out of sight, out of mind. Our scheduling this year is not good with no big late games.

Marathonman1025

Personallly a # 4 finish in the regular season would be quite an accompishment in my book. Unfortunately the crooked system we're stuck with may take our # 4 finish and flush it down the BCS Bowl toilet however.We have no control at this point and it sucks big time!
+1000
I'll tell you what would really suck is for either us or Boise to be #4, undefeated, and on the outside looking in while some 4 loss unranked Big East team plays in the Orange Bowl. That's just wrong.

Gary might have to do a Mack Brown and show up at Bristol and politic for our case in the national championship game/BCS game. However I don't see that happening as Gary is not a brown noser, well like Mack Brown "noser".

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Gary might have to do a Mack Brown and show up at Bristol and politic for our case in the national championship game/BCS game. However I don't see that happening as Gary is not a brown noser, well like Mack Brown "noser".

No. Why should we beg piteously for favor from people who have nothing for us but bitter contempt?

Screw them.

Hold a presser and point out the salient fact that they have been dumping on us from the day they got the BCS contract, and their coverage of us has been colored by monetary considerations, not journalistic integrity. Look, ESPN has all the morals of a Cleveland pimp (and I may be inadvertantly insulting all of Cleveland pimpdom...) and merely pointing it out does us no harm. Hell, it might actually help our cause to point out that the Emperor has no clothes.

ESPN is the lens through which just about everybody is forced to view College Football. It is no secret that there is very little love for their "opinions" in these matters, but nobody is willing to speak up. It is easier to go along and get along. No one wants to make a powerful enemy. Well, they have obviously chosen sides, and I do not believe that we should continue to suffer this treatment in silence.

MontanaFrog09

Rod Gilmore is an idiot. In response to CJ, "4 Trophy Wins, but none dominate...I want them (TCU) consistently dominate." I guess he forgot that those four "trophy wins" were won by 115 points collectively.

Anyone else find it odd that Mr. Fowler also had no air time tonight?

weklfrog

We had our worst MOV game at the wrong time (later in the season). It's just funny how now Utah is terrible, but they beat the ISU that took top 10 Neb to overtime by 41. Out of sight, out of mind. Our scheduling this year is not good with no big late games.
One the other hand it is the same Iowa State team that lost by 20 yesterday to a Colorado team that blew a 28-point 4th quarter lead a week earlier to lose to bottom of the Big 12 barrel Kansas.

TCU2012

Chris and Robert were at Del Frisco's with GP. The rest of the BCS Show guys were butthurt he didn't invite them on down for a nice steak.