• The KillerFrogs

Eight Years After

Eight years ago this week, TCU announced the move to the Big East. The farthe removed from events we are the more the outcomes take on an air of inevitability (TCU to the Rose Bowl, anyone?) but it didn’t have to be the case that the Frogs ended up in the B12. I for one find myself taking P5 membership for granted from time to time. I need a reminder that things could have been very different.

Here I am out of state knowing I’ll be able to watch a random TCU/Central Michigan basketball game on TV. Good stuff

dawg

We are most fortunate indeed to be in a P5.

The most chilling reminder for me of how differently things could have transpired is what went down in December 2000, when then-Provost Bill Koehler picked up his phone and asked the AD Eric Hyman to reconsider his decision to hire Watson Brown to replace Fran and consider the possibility of Fran's defensive coordinator taking over as HC. If Hyman had gone ahead and hired the losing-est head coach in CFB history.... I shudder at the thought.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

We are most fortunate indeed to be in a P5.

The most chilling reminder for me of how differently things could have transpired is what went down in December 2000, when then-Provost Bill Koehler picked up his phone and asked Eric Hyman to reconsider his decision to hire Watson Brown to replace Fran and consider the possibility of Fran's defensive coordinator taking over as HC. If Hyman had gone ahead and hired the losing-est head coach in CFB history.... I shudder at the thought.
What you didn’t want a coach that was 42-60 at Tennessee Tech?