• The KillerFrogs

Eddie Van Halen has died....

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Not my idea of rock, what little I’ve heard sounds like New Age Justin Timberlake. I’m talking driving guitar, bass and drums. You know, a band not some guy that croons and looks like he’s looking for a job on Pitbulls and Paroles.

I kid, but really not what I’d call rock.
Rock and roll died years ago sadly. I can’t remember the last good new rock and roll band. Greta Van Fleet is rock but, as talented as they are, it’s really just a Led Zeppelin rip off.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
scheiss post malone

People that think Post Malone is anything resembling rock, are probably the reason why it is gone.

I remember my dad asking in the 80s why KTRH in Houston stopped playing good music (Glen Miller and big band stuff he listened to when he was young) and I now regret now saying that those days are gone...

Last edited:

tcudoc

@TxFrog1999
after our period of mourning, when this thread is eventually moved to Killingsworth, it would be fitting for it to go in the Bar.
Sadly, that is where threads go to die. In my opinion, there should be two fewer general forums. Just have one for politics and one for all other general topics.
The traffic is low enough that it would be easy to accommodate all three of the non political ones in one forum and it takes too long to search all three or try to remember which one goes where.
Just my opinion but I suspect I am not alone.

Mean Purple

People that think Post Malone is anything resembling rock, are probably the reason why it is gone.

I remember my dad asking in the 80s why KTRH in Houston stopped playing good music (Glen Miller and big band stuff he listened to when he was young) and I now regret saying that those days are gone...
A. think it's a skinny jeans correlation.

B. Ozzy said you can't kill rock n roll. And that dude survived eating bats.

on a different note, maybe Ozzy is the king of antibodies that CDC should be talking to.

Mean Purple

Sadly, that is where threads go to die. In my opinion, there should be two fewer general forums. Just have one for politics and one for all other general topics.
The traffic is low enough that it would be easy to accommodate all three of the non political ones in one forum and it takes too long to search all three or try to remember which one goes where.
Just my opinion but I suspect I am not alone.
Well, the bar is better than the pit.

Eight

A. think it's a skinny jeans correlation.

B. Ozzy said you can't kill rock n roll. And that dude survived eating bats.

on a different note, maybe Ozzy is the king of antibodies that CDC should be talking to.

wait, wait, wait a minute.....you might have just given us the potential source of THE VACCINE to fight covid

ozzie ate a bat and sharon (fairly sure not at the same time) and survived decades on the road with a touring rock band

can anyone think of a better source for a vaccine to fight the bat virus or anything else that comes out of china?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
wait, wait, wait a minute.....you might have just given us the potential source of THE VACCINE to fight covid

ozzie ate a bat and sharon (fairly sure not at the same time) and survived decades on the road with a touring rock band

can anyone think of a better source for a vaccine to fight the bat virus or anything else that comes out of china?
We could always wring Keith Richards out over something absorbent...

Frog-in-law1995

I teach 8th grade, and I asked the kids if they knew who he was. Of the 6 kids in the room, NONE of them knew him. I asked if they ever heard of the band Van Halen. NONE OF THEM KNEW.

Their parents have failed them in so many ways.

My wife teaches 11th grade in suburbia and she reported pretty much the same. I hate to think it’s all Billie Eilish or whoever, but no doubt that’s what my parents said while comparing 80’s/90’s rock to The Beach Boys and Sam & Dave or whatever they listened to.