• The KillerFrogs

East Side?

TEUFELI

When opposing fans are in their seats for kick, and the opponents are OU, TU, OSU, Tech...I promise we will be fine. We really will. Oh we'll straggle in for Iowa state, non-conf creampuffs, etc...but for most games - our attendance/fan behavior is going to surprise a lot of you.

SnoSki

I think there are basically two types of fans. Those that are there primarily to support the team and those that are there to be entertained by the the team. The former get there early, cheer loudly and stay til the end. The latter makes their decision on when to enter the stadium based on the quality of the opponent and what game is showing on the tailgate bigscreen.

Like BinB said, hopefully a Big 12 schedule will help convert some of the previously less committed ones.

Excellent post.

I wouldn't mind the emptyish 3rd quarter seats if those folks were there for kickoff at the start.

frogbyproxy

I've always liked the idea of the east side being just as tall as the west side. The below pic is what Purpleputt is showing on his link but there was another pic shown as angry trey header which I'm not sure where he got it where the east side is taller.

What it should
View attachment 1685

What I'd like

Amon_G_Carter_Drawing_01.jpg

I've always liked the idea of the east side being just as tall as the west side. The below pic is what Purpleputt is showing on his link but there was another pic shown as angry trey header which I'm not sure where he got it where the east side is taller.

What it should
View attachment 1685

The bottom pic is from when they first made an official announcement about the stadium. It was part of a spiral-bound manual they had at the meeting. You can see the holes just off to the top left. That was a pic someone took with their phone. From what I gather most of it was purely conceptual, particularly the east side.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Are you sure it's going to be double-decker? I thought it looked more split-level. By double-decker I mean seats actually over hanging other seats.

A better term may be "elevated seating", rather than double decker. The original bowl remains with the elevated portion above and behind it, just like the end zone

count_biffula

I think there are basically two types of fans. Those that are there primarily to support the team and those that are there to be entertained by the the team. The former get there early, cheer loudly and stay til the end. The latter makes their decision on when to enter the stadium based on the quality of the opponent and what game is showing on the tailgate bigscreen.

Like BinB said, hopefully a Big 12 schedule will help convert some of the previously less committed ones.

Just like every other program in the country.

That second pic is what I would hope the addition would look like. Does anyone think they will do a wraparound on the north side, I think that would be cool.

Latest posts