• The KillerFrogs

Duggan-Stats

Froggish

A couple of interesting references in regard to Passing Efficiency

1. Duggan has now entered the FBS top 100 in Passer Rating at #86. 126.6

2.Only 7 Fr. QBs are in the top 100 in QBR and out of those Duggan is 5th. in QBR

3. Amongst his QBR FR. peers Duggan is the only one to not throw an Int.

Sometimes we forget that coming into the year most of us wanted two things out of the QB position. Limit TOs and lead us to points. Well even though it hasn’t been pretty, we are getting that out of Duggan. We score points with him on the field (sometimes indirectly) and we don’t throw pics. He ball security also improved against KU..A lot of good things with Duggan

Eight

Max has been good, not great, and there’s no reason that he won’t get measurably better as the year goes on. I’m looking forward to seeing him progress over the years.

i agree that he has been solid in his play and the jump we saw from the first half against smu to the second half of the smu game to the first three series he had against kansas i believe we can see the groth.

i think the biggest determent to his growth this year would be the somewhat bizarre quarterback rotation we saw on saturday

netty2424

A couple of interesting references in regard to Passing Efficiency

1. Duggan has now entered the FBS top 100 in Passer Rating at #86. 126.6

2.Only 7 Fr. QBs are in the top 100 in QBR and out of those Duggan is 5th. in QBR

3. Amongst his QBR FR. peers Duggan is the only one to not throw an Int.

Sometimes we forget that coming into the year most of us wanted two things out of the QB position. Limit TOs and lead us to points. Well even though it hasn’t been pretty, we are getting that out of Duggan. We score points with him on the field (sometimes indirectly) and we don’t throw pics. He ball security also improved against KU..A lot of good things with Duggan
Solid post! He’s had a few rough patches, as freshman and QB’s do in general, but this puts things into perspective.

Froggish

The key is that we are scoring points when he’s on the field..As I said, it hasn’t been pretty and nor have we seen the light completely turn on but the measure of a good QB is 3 fold.

1. Does make others around him better? (Well we are putting the ball in the endzone more often with him then anyone in the last 2 years)

2. Does he protect the ball. (No pics and he held on to the ball this week..progress)

3. Can he put you in his back when it’s all going to [ Finebaum ]..(Not Yet..This will happen over time)

Baldwin or Rogers May very well be the QBs of the future but by the end of the year I expect the mountain that it will take to supplant Duggan will be considerable

Limp Lizard

Decision making is what makes a QB at any level. Although still learning, his innate ability to make decisions looks very good indeed.

It seems like we tend to have athletes with the decision-making ability of a squirrel in the street.
images

So far Duggan is a breath of fresh air.

HG73

Seems to me that he progresses through his reads and often finds a second and third receiver down the field, not just a dump off to a RB in the flat. If the receivers had caught the ball in the first two games he would be a Heisman candidate. If we hadn't fumbled 6 times against smu we'd be undefeated.
Helps to let Sonny run a little up tempo once in a while.

asleep003

Wow, I like the kid too … but there are some High expectations out there . He can achieve several of them, but let's not get carried away. Just one bad half and replaced by Collins w/a good half and win.... the story could change very quickly.

Limp Lizard

This will be a huge test for how Duggan has learned to handle his emotions. He is coming back home and will be super fired up. He needs to remember to just run the offense. Make the plays you are supposed to make. Take care of that wet ball on a soggy field.

4th. down

This will be a huge test for how Duggan has learned to handle his emotions. He is coming back home and will be super fired up. He needs to remember to just run the offense. Make the plays you are supposed to make. Take care of that wet ball on a soggy field.

He has a problem with being over hyped. Wet ball should favor our running game even though Iowa State has a good defensive line. Their running game is suspect, so need to contain Purdy. We win this game if no turnovers. Watch out Reagor with wet ball and raining on fielding punts, this could get scary and lose a winnable game.

netty2424

He has a problem with being over hyped. Wet ball should favor our running game even though Iowa State has a good defensive line. Their running game is suspect, so need to contain Purdy. We win this game if no turnovers. Watch out Reagor with wet ball and raining on fielding punts, this could get scary and lose a winnable game.
Reagor needs to get the issue worked out in catching the punts. Yes he housed it after the fumble, but those will be costly if he continues to put the ball on the ground with a good coverage team.

JockO de Frog

Seems to me that he progresses through his reads and often finds a second and third receiver down the field, not just a dump off to a RB in the flat. If the receivers had caught the ball in the first two games he would be a Heisman candidate. If we hadn't fumbled 6 times against smu we'd be undefeated.
Helps to let Sonny run a little up tempo once in a while.
Don't forget who was responsible for many of those fumbles but I love the NO interceptions part of that.