• The KillerFrogs

Donati presser

CountryFrog

He’s just mad an automatic W is leaving his schedule.
I'm sure Neal Brown and Chris Kleiman also think this was a terrible thing for the game.

FrogCoach84

Just catching up but ADJD did a great job with what he was tasked with today.

I’ve been critical but credit where it’s due he was an asset for TCU today. Hopefully that is the case moving forward as well.

LisaLT

I watched my first TCU game in 2006. I'm not exactly new to this, and I've never seen anyone else coach a TCU football game. Us having a different coach and Gary being somewhere else is going to be weird. Necessary at this point, but weird.
100%. I think he’s the main reason why I became a true “can’t miss watching a game” fan. he really is responsible for building the TCU football brand, it’s going to be a weird and uncomfortable feeling seeing him move on elsewhere. Especially if we struggle and he excels elsewhere. I’m sure there will be a lot of second guessing going on.

Virginia Frog

Its definitely weird for us fans, but I wonder what Gary is going to feel like watching TCU vs Baylor on Saturday and not be on the sidelines. Does he watch on TV? Does he watch from a suite? Not watch at all?
I hope fires up the tube, kicks back, lights a stogie and downs (several) adult beverages of his liking. He'll can then "flip around" the dial to see other games in tandem - like most of us do. (Maybe his lady will invite him to an "afternoon delight" after the TCU W!)

I hope he takes a year off (no TV stuff and other fb clutter), rests, takes his wife to the Galapagos (or Polar Bear "safari" in Canada), loses weight, and in 2023 kicks ass (somewhere in the ACC I hope.) I want to see 200 Ws for his CF HOF resume!

Last edited:

Virginia Frog

A
I like that a lot, but he's got a great gig in Washington and might not consider TCU a 'promotion'. Having also coached at Boise, he might prefer life in the Pacific northwest.
A lot of West Coasters are moving to Texas...the new Glory Land!

If they can stand the heat of May-Sep, it just may be a good decision to come to the SW.

Flying T

Tier 1
Donati said that TCU was "a top10 kind of program" and that the level of coach "interest has already reflected that". Dykes is a level of coach we would have hoped to hire back when Fran quit. Consensus opinion is usually wrong and in the case of a Dykes hire, I hope it is.
From one of the TX Tech forums

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-000154_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-000154_Samsung Internet.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 24