• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Texas-sized vacancy: Senate holds hearing on UT, OU’s Big 12 departure

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Texas-sized vacancy: Senate holds hearing on UT, OU’s Big 12 departure

Alex Briseno, The Dallas Morning News

AUSTIN — Not a week had passed since the University of Texas’ move to the SEC alongside the University of Oklahoma was approved before Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby on Monday faced over a dozen Texas lawmakers wanting to know: Where does the conference go from here?

Bowlsby was followed by officials from the three remaining Texas institutions in the Big 12 –– Baylor, TCU and Texas Tech –– who were all peppered with questions ranging from television contracts, future plans, past politicking in the formation of the Big 12 and the economic impact.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...n-ut-ou-e2-80-99s-big-12-departure/ar-AAMRvvx

froglash88

“I think our eyes need to be set on the future. I know that Gov. Greg Abbott does not want to go from five power conference schools to two,” Kolkhorst said. “That’s moving backwards, that’s not moving forward. I think we can put together a package that puts us in a new direction that does pack our stadiums. And maybe, just maybe, we’ll have an obligatory game with the Aggies or Longhorns every once in a while.”

Or every school in the country boycotts the SEC and doesn’t schedule them. Let them play themselves. Let’s see how much TV value the SEC has if no one else watches or cares.

I know I won’t watch another SEC game and I discontinued ESPN+.

Last edited: