• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU adds commitment from three-star Louisiana DE Sci Martin

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: TCU adds commitment from three-star Louisiana DE Sci Martin

EJ Holland

There was plenty of drama today surrounding TCU's coaching staff, but the Horned Frogs continued to take care of business on the recruiting trail.

Gary Patterson and his staff reeled in a verbal commitment from three-star McDonogh 35 (La.) defensive end Sci Martin.

He announced his verbal pledge via Twitter.

Martin committed to TCU over offers from Arizona State, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida State, Miami and others.

At 6-foot-4, 230 pounds, Martin is ranked as the No. 55 weak-side defensive end in the country and No. 44 overall prospect in the state of Louisiana, according to 247Sports Composite.

TCU now has 16 verbal commits in its 2016 class.

https://twitter.com/lilsci49/status/674739949875281920

Ron Swanson

GuardianFrog said:
He has a four star offer sheet.
Yeah you don't see a lot of recruits with that offer sheet that don't get a fourth star.

Although if you read the LSU board, they still think he's theirs "if they want him". I don't really know what that means exactly, but I'm not sure if his offer there is committable or what the deal was.

No matter what though, kid looks like a stud. We would've pissed our pants if we got a commit with an offer on the table from just UT 7 years ago. This kid has an offer from FSU too, who is loaded with 4 and 5 stars

Moose Stuff

Ron Swanson said:
Yeah you don't see a lot of recruits with that offer sheet that don't get a fourth star.

Although if you read the LSU board, they still think he's theirs "if they want him". I don't really know what that means exactly, but I'm not sure if his offer there is committable or what the deal was.

No matter what though, kid looks like a stud. We would've pissed our pants if we got a commit with an offer on the table from just UT 7 years ago. This kid has an offer from FSU too, who is loaded with 4 and 5 stars
They think that about every kid from LA and I guess they have good reason too. I'm happy to continue taking their scraps if they keep turning into Hunter, Lathan, McFarland, Turpin.....

lowfrog

After watching the film, I understand why he was given the name $ack Machine.  Great vision, always going after the ball, smart player.  In a number of plays, he gets in the QBs face so the QB can't pass, then pushes down the QB to the ground.  Smart.  No penalties, a sack, and loss of yards. 

TCURiggs

Jake102 said:
Great get. I saw that Jarrett Anderson was down in New Orleans yesterday, was this Anderson's good work?

Not sure. Martin posted a picture with Sharp and Glasgow last night. I'm hoping/assuming everyone will swing by and visit Willie Allen as well.