• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Making the Heisman case for (and against) TCU QB Max Duggan

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
D2YEFOBAJY3SEBEZIG5ZAEO4BY.jpg

DMN: Making the Heisman case for (and against) TCU QB Max Duggan

By Grant McGalliard
The TCU Horned Frogs haven’t had a player win the Heisman Trophy since Davey O’Brien brought home the award in 1938, just the fourth time it was handed out.

In 2020, the Frogs will have a young roster that will seek to rebuild from a disappointing 5-7 season in 2019. That roster will be helmed by a sophomore quarterback from Iowa named Max Duggan. Duggan, who started the final eight games of the season for TCU, was often the Frogs’ lone bright spot on offense despite several freshman-level miscues.

If you’re looking to bet on a TCU player to win the 2020 Heisman Trophy, look no further than Duggan. Your odds might be pretty long, too, which could net a pretty penny.

Read more at https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/t...is-tcus-best-shot-at-the-2020-heisman-trophy/

flyfishingfrog

They have nothing else to write about - being a sport writer right now has got to be only slightly worse than being a sports broadcaster.

It is hard to listen to sports radio right now I would guess - well except those that listened to the Ticket before since they never really talked about sports to start....

There - I gave you something else to argue about!

Limp Lizard

Agreed, way too early for Duggan, since his success has been erratic at best, but there are lots of new recruits who have not yet played even a snap of college ball, or even been in their school's workouts who are projected as All-Americans. All based on how highly ranked they were as a recruit.
I still think the tools are there. If he can improve his accuracy and comprehend the system better, he was already a better decision maker than Hill as a Junior. Hopefully the addition of Kill and Meacham can turn the offense around.

Froggish

Writers are going crazy when they start trying to come up with scenarios about Duggan winning next years Heisman.

Incidentally...How alarming to read TCU is rebuilding from a team that missed a bowl..Ouch