• The KillerFrogs

DMN: How will SMU, TCU and the Big 12 be affected by UCLA and USC’s stunning move to Big Ten?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

How will SMU, TCU and the Big 12 be affected by UCLA and USC’s stunning move to Big Ten?​

Kevin Sherrington, The Dallas Morning News

Correction: In a previous column, yours truly wrote that the Big 12′s loss of Texas and Oklahoma was worse than the Pac-12′s subtraction of USC and UCLA, if only because the Pac-12 still had Oregon and Washington. It appears I may have spoken too soon. About Oregon and Washington, that is. In my defense, these things change by the hour.

From all appearances, the Big Ten isn’t done poaching. A clued-in report from the West Coast contends the expansion may include not only Oregon and Washington, but Stanford, Cal, Colorado and Utah, too, bringing the Big Ten to a grand total of 22 schools.

Twenty-two!

That’s not a superconference, that’s a candidate for NATO. Vladimir Putin will be sure to object, not to mention George Kliavkoff, whose league has been pulled out from under him only a year into the job.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/h...e2-80-99s-stunning-move-to-big-ten/ar-AAZ5dsK

Eight

How will SMU, TCU and the Big 12 be affected by UCLA and USC’s stunning move to Big Ten?​

Kevin Sherrington, The Dallas Morning News

Correction: In a previous column, yours truly wrote that the Big 12′s loss of Texas and Oklahoma was worse than the Pac-12′s subtraction of USC and UCLA, if only because the Pac-12 still had Oregon and Washington. It appears I may have spoken too soon. About Oregon and Washington, that is. In my defense, these things change by the hour.

From all appearances, the Big Ten isn’t done poaching. A clued-in report from the West Coast contends the expansion may include not only Oregon and Washington, but Stanford, Cal, Colorado and Utah, too, bringing the Big Ten to a grand total of 22 schools.

Twenty-two!

That’s not a superconference, that’s a candidate for NATO. Vladimir Putin will be sure to object, not to mention George Kliavkoff, whose league has been pulled out from under him only a year into the job.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/h...e2-80-99s-stunning-move-to-big-ten/ar-AAZ5dsK

so why is tcu listed separately from the big 12 in that headline?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Screwed we will be.
Movie GIF by Star Wars

TCUdirtbag

I don't think the Big 10 looks at Colorado and Utah. Stanford might get a look to appease ND. Oregon and Washington probably are locks.
All the PAC & Big 12 AAUs will get looks—Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Kansas. But among those it seems Washington and Oregon would bring the most value and have the best shot.