• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Citing injuries, TCU calls off its annual spring game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Citing injuries, TCU calls off its annual spring game

By Ben Baby , Staff Writer
Contact Ben Baby on Twitter: @Ben_Baby

A dearth of healthy players has nixed TCU's spring game, according to a report.

TCU coach Gary Patterson told reporters on Tuesday that the Horned Frogs didn't have the necessary bodies to conduct the annual intrasquad scrimmage, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

The outlet reported Patterson has roughly half of the allotted 85-man scholarship count available, which makes it difficult to conduct a thorough 11-on-11 scrimmage.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...iting-injuries-tcu-cancels-annual-spring-game

TCUdirtbag

This is unbelievable
I have to question our approach to cknditioing. If not that, thensomethibg is going on to cause this 2 year injury bug

Seems like a slew of injuries is the rule and a healthy roster the exception these last 5-6ish years.

Limp Lizard

Injuries have not just hurt football. Basketball was hurt just as badly. Maybe coincidence. But you gotta wonder. Especially in football, since it takes time to get 3* players to play up to standards. If we had two more Blacklocks, like Texas, a$m, Bama, etc., it would not matter as much. Recruiting is the area where I am most disappointed in football.

HG73

This is just Patterson screwing with us, the other coaches, and the media. When it comes to injuries, GMFP is less than forthcoming. It is his way. He's not lying if he's not saying anything.

I'm sure when anyone asks him "How do you feel?", he probably answers "Who wants to know?".

Bob

images

West Coast Johnny

I know we have a slew of players recovering from injury from last season. Who else got injured in the Spring? Are the injuries serious?

Patterson couldn't care less about the spring game and any excuse to cancel it is fine by him.

LisaLT

the spring game doesn't mean anything anyhow. who cares. with the way our players get injured so easily we should suspend practice to the week before the season starts.

Maybe have them all take pilates classes or something. Work on their core.