• The KillerFrogs

Did one of y'all have the ball for about a minute?

froginmn

I was looking at the team's stats and noticed an oddity in time of possession.

TCU 33:20, Southern 25:32

At first I thought there may be statistical anomalies where neither team is judged to be in possession but then I realized there is an entire minute missing. And a few other box scores show that it ends up totaling to 60.

So did the game end early, or did one of y'all take the ball for a while?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I was looking at the team's stats and noticed an oddity in time of possession.

TCU 33:20, Southern 25:32

At first I thought there may be statistical anomalies where neither team is judged to be in possession but then I realized there is an entire minute missing. And a few other box scores show that it ends up totaling to 60.

So did the game end early, or did one of y'all take the ball for a while?
It’s a result of the new kickoff rules. The hang time on kickoffs that result in a fair catch within the field of play are not considered possession time for either team. If the kick is caught in the end zone or returned the receiving team is awarded time of possession. Kicks out of bounds and onside or squib kicks give time of possession to the kicking team unless the penalty is declined or there are offsetting penalties during the kick. Then both teams are awarded half of the time of possession and a rekick is required.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
It’s a result of the new kickoff rules. The hang time on kickoffs that result in a fair catch within the field of play are not considered possession time for either team. If the kick is caught in the end zone or returned the receiving team is awarded time of possession. Kicks out of bounds and onside or squib kicks give time of possession to the kicking team unless the penalty is declined or there are offsetting penalties during the kick. Then both teams are awarded half of the time of possession and a rekick is required.
funny-no_bull_shit.jpg

No math rule!!!!