• The KillerFrogs

Depth Chart

tcuhf93

Cain shouldn't be included in the surprises. He's been a hoss all along and a GP favorite.

Porter has been the biggest surprise to me.

Cain and his talent are no surprise, but losing Tanner Brock for the year certainly is a surprise (to me anyway). The starting LB position belongs to Kenny now and he is taking advantage of his opportunity. Plays faster every week. I predict he has a huge game this week against Zach Line and company.

snoop9606

looking at that depth chart, i'm kinda surprised not to see blake roberts and marcus mallett anywhere on it. anyone know what's up with those 2?

West Coast Johnny

What's the injury situation with the Center possition? I saw either Fry or Tausch go down in the 2nd half against Portland.

LaDarius Brown is #2 behind Hicks. Is he going to play this year?

David Johnson, 270 Pounds. Kenny Cain - 210 pounds. Yendry - 273 pounds. Incredibly light up the middle.

Is Skye still the #1 punt retuner?

Bob

How about that Verrett and McCoy? Looking forward to see how they answer the call against SMU. I think how they progress will be the key to any success this year. Good luck men!

cdsfrog

What's the injury situation with the Center possition? I saw either Fry or Tausch go down in the 2nd half against Portland.

David Johnson, 270 Pounds. Kenny Cain - 210 pounds. Yendry - 273 pounds. Incredibly light up the middle.

Brown might as well be #1 as receiver because the guy above him has done jack all year.

OmniscienceFrog

While I agree Johnson has been playing great and is an explosive player, he is not fast enough to be playing at DE...

Johnson's coming out party was at AF, saw him explode through a block down the line for a TFL. Proud of this kid (who graduated from my HS alma mater, might I add) :wink:

Is he going to be able to put on an extra 20 lbs at some point? That extra bulk sure would be nice.

TULA

Funny Fact: David Johnson is an art major and a very sensitive guy.... he morphs into a different creature when on the football field

Planks

Looking at the depth chart it seems that we are incredibly deep at DT, but thin at DE. Any chance that any of our DTs might change position to DE next year?

helcap

I wonder how much the depth chart is dependent on the opponent. If we were playing Wisconsin again would we really start two 270lb defensive tackles?

Gunner

I'm making a prediction, just out of the blue. Move Johnson to DE. Planks and I had the same idea. He difinitely is active enough to play out there. He would be a big defensive end.

Froggle Rock

Jercell Fort above Aundre Dean?? I know there's only one football, but I'd love to see Dean get some carries in the 1st half. I guess if it wasn't going to happen the last two weeks, it's probably not going to happen.

I'm with you. Every time Dean gets in the game he puts his head down and runs hard. I guess it's just a testament to the talent level of the other guys that he's stuck 5 deep.

Gunner

Fry has had the flu, reported on PM. Think he was weak, but may have replaced Tausch when he went down. Michael Thompson is the third center, and he was playing left tackle in back up.

Gunner

Reportedly Dean had a little trouble with pass blocking assignments. Plus is you will notice Tucker has improved this year. Coaches think he has really good feet, something you might miss up in the stands.

James is faster than I thought. A couple of those runs Saturdays were surprising. They are giving Dean more time than last year and would it surprise if that continued. He looks pretty dang good.

Froggle Rock

Reportedly Dean had a little trouble with pass blocking assignments. Plus is you will notice Tucker has improved this year. Coaches think he has really good feet, something you might miss up in the stands.

James is faster than I thought. A couple of those runs Saturdays were surprising. They are giving Dean more time than last year and would it surprise if that continued. He looks pretty dang good.

Ahh yes, I have noticed Tucker's improvement in that area this year.

Also, Dean hasn't really had too many opportunities to pass block in a game, so I guess that's why I haven't seen that. But yes, he needs to keep getting more carries.

cdsfrog

Depth chart with Jercell Fort being ahead is a misnomer

He is a fullback and not a very fast one either.

He may ahead in the depth chart, but I bet Dean gets triple the amount of carries

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Looking at the depth chart it seems that we are incredibly deep at DT, but thin at DE. Any chance that any of our DTs might change position to DE next year?

Actually just the opposite and not sure what you are seeing there as there are 5 different players for 2 positions for both DT & DE.

DEs not listed include Matt Anderson (injury), Blake Roberts & Austin Terry along with a few walk-ons. Add to that we have Fields & MacFarland committed and only lose Broughton.

At DT Pierson & House not listed and have Hunt committed but all three of those are expected or are being moved around and not sure where they end up. No walk-ons.

No way will Johnson move to DE or any of the DTs.