• The KillerFrogs

Del Conte on 103.3 ESPN Radio @ 3:15

TCURiggs

I think people that take things literally when it comes to this stuff simply aren't that bright. He wasn't saying CDC said it; he was saying that is what he got out of it. I just listened to the podcast. CDC did say those words; I didn't take away from that interview at all that we don't have an invite if we want one.

This isn't words games. Those things mean different things.

Of course you do. If it's different from your opinion, it must be a dumb thought. CDC said that as of now we don't have an invite, so I'm assuming that's true. I'd be naive to think that there haven't been discussions of us going to the Big East. Hell, I think we're going to end up there. Having said that, we aren't going anywhere until there's actually an offer, which as CDC said, there isn't yet. Not sure how else you can take "we don't have an offer" other than literally.

TCURiggs

It's not that hard to figure out. Official vs. Unofficial. Gives plausible deniability to all.

Glad you've got it pegged, Counselor. It's easy to say we've been given the unofficial invite, b/c based on all of the smoke (media reports) we've seen it seems that we're probably going to end up there. Having said that, no one in our athletic dept has given any indication that we've been given any sort of invite. Again, I think we'll end up there, but not based on what TCU has been saying.

Since you're the king of this....where's your link to prove otherwise?

tcumaniac

guys stop it... TCU will most likely end up in the Big East. Del Conte is just being politically correct by not saying anything or hinting at anything. If you haven't picked up on the outside clues, then you're not very smart. Stop giving GDU reasons to come back be like "told you so"... no reason to give him an opportunity to be extra annoying.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
guys stop it... TCU will most likely end up in the Big East. Del Conte is just being politically correct by not saying anything or hinting at anything. If you haven't picked up on the outside clues, then you're not very smart. Stop giving GDU reasons to come back be like "told you so"... no reason to give him an opportunity to be extra annoying.

True - except GDU needs no "reason" to be extra annoying. It just happens.

CDC has only been on the job about a year and we are so lucky to have him!

gdu

Glad you've got it pegged, Counselor. It's easy to say we've been given the unofficial invite, b/c based on all of the smoke (media reports) we've seen it seems that we're probably going to end up there. Having said that, no one in our athletic dept has given any indication that we've been given any sort of invite. Again, I think we'll end up there, but not based on what TCU has been saying.Since you're the king of this....where's your link to prove otherwise?
So, on the one hand you think something despite what TCU says, but here you are aboslutely incapable of thinking anything other than the literal meaning of what CDC is saying. Interesting...

And to answer the rest of your post: I don't believe I said we've been given the unofficial incite, and of course no one in the athletic department is going to give an indication we have been given any sort of invite until we are ready to seal the deal. I know plenty of things that don't come from internet links. If you need them for proof, that is on you to find them.

TCURiggs

So, on the one hand you think something despite what TCU says, but here you are aboslutely incapable of thinking anything other than the literal meaning of what CDC is saying. Interesting...

And to answer the rest of your post: I don't believe I said we've been given the unofficial incite, and of course no one in the athletic department is going to give an indication we have been given any sort of invite until we are ready to seal the deal. I know plenty of things that don't come from internet links. If you need them for proof, that is on you to find them.

Are you even reading what I'm writing? I said I think we'll end up in the Big East, but that thought doesn't come from anything that TCU has said. I think that based on all of the non-TCU media reports that I've read. I believe Del Conte when he says "we don't have an offer" (I take that literally), but I also believe there will be an offer in the future (based off all the reports) so we'll eventually end up in the Big East. Get it now, jackwagon? Geez, you're a whip!

As for your statement, "I don't believe I said we've been given the unofficial invite." If you weren't saying that, what the hell did you mean by this?:

"It's not that hard to figure out. Official vs. Unofficial. Gives plausible deniability to all."

gdu

Are you even reading what I'm writing? I said I think we'll end up in the Big East, but that thought doesn't come from anything that TCU has said. I think that based on all of the non-TCU media reports that I've read. I believe Del Conte when he says "we don't have an offer" (I take that literally), but I also believe there will be an offer in the future (based off all the reports) so we'll eventually end up in the Big East. Get it now, jackwagon? Geez, you're a whip!

As for your statement, "I don't believe I said we've been given the unofficial invite." If you weren't saying that, what the hell did you mean by this?:

"It's not that hard to figure out. Official vs. Unofficial. Gives plausible deniability to all."
I don't care at all if you or he drew a different conclusion than myself and others did from his comments. He said he drew X opinion and I asked him what that came from. Apparently it was just that statement and I did not draw the same conclusion from it. I didn't try to say I was right and you were wrong. I just pointed out that I think there are plenty of reasons that one could reasonably take that statement other than literally. The rest was you getting butthurt.

TCURiggs

I didn't try to say I was right and you were wrong. I just pointed out that I think there are plenty of reasons that one could reasonably take that statement other than literally.

Riiiight. You originally said I wasn't that bright b/c I (or DOF) didn't draw the same conclusion as you. That's a little different than the tune you're singing now. Bottom line, there's no need to always be a prick and start an argument...you speedo wearing fairy!

gdu

Maybe there should have been an only or something in there. I suppose you thought Bill Clinton didn't have sex with that woman either.

I wasn't trying to start an argument in any way whatsoever. That distinction belongs to you. I simply tried to get an answer as to why someone came to the conclusion they did. Then you jumped in.

TCURiggs

Maybe there should have been an only or something in there. I suppose you thought Bill Clinton didn't have sex with that woman either.

I wasn't trying to start an argument in any way whatsoever. That distinction belongs to you. I simply tried to get an answer as to why someone came to the conclusion they did. Then you jumped in.

Nope. It was pretty apparent that they had a little oral action due to the spooge evidence on her dress. Just think of all the media reports on TCU to the Big East as the reproductive matter, and Clinton's statement the same as CDC's. Catching on yet?

I jumped in and gave you the answer, and you thought that answer wasn't very bright...that's what got me going.

photo.jpg

Southshore26

Been waiting to get to a computer.... guys... you have the best AD in the country!!!! It's nice to see him step up and put it out there. Great stuff!!!!

gdu

Nope. It was pretty apparent that they had a little oral action due to the spooge evidence on her dress. Just think of all the media reports on TCU to the Big East as the reproductive matter, and Clinton's statement the same as CDC's. Catching on yet?

I jumped in and gave you the answer, and you thought that answer wasn't very bright...that's what got me going.
You didn't "give me the answer." You said "Well, Despite the Odds Frog was just repeating what the man who runs our athletic department said."

There is a difference in repeating what he said and taking it literally (which is what he did). So again, you must have believed Clinton since "(a)nything beyond (what he said) is speculation/opinion at this point".

Not having the capacity to do anything beyond taking a statement like that literally means you aren't too bright IMO.

TCURiggs

You didn't "give me the answer." You said "Well, Despite the Odds Frog was just repeating what the man who runs our athletic department said."

There is a difference in repeating what he said and taking it literally (which is what he did). So again, you must have believe Clinton since "".

Not having the capacity to do anything beyond taking a statement like that literally means you aren't too bright IMO.

photo.jpg

Latest posts