• The KillerFrogs

Daylon Mack

froginmn

Listed as one of the best available players at this point in the 2019 draft (which is mid fifth round). Will be the second DT to go from A&M, as Kingsley Keke just went at pick #150.

Remember how badly we wanted Mack?

Eight

the big question on a guy like mack is if he had come to tcu would he have bought into what he was asked to do at tcu.

not just in terms of defensive scheme, but would he give the effort expected of him in practice? do the work in the weight room? study film?

if the answer is no the result doesn't change.

could fitch and patterson gotten that out of him? never know and lets not forget it wasn't that long ago the frogs have an impact freshman defensive linemen who seemed destined for a high draft pick until he continually [ Finebaum ] the bed.

Wexahu

the big question on a guy like mack is if he had come to tcu would he have bought into what he was asked to do at tcu.

not just in terms of defensive scheme, but would he give the effort expected of him in practice? do the work in the weight room? study film?

if the answer is no the result doesn't change.

could fitch and patterson gotten that out of him? never know and lets not forget it wasn't that long ago the frogs have an impact freshman defensive linemen who seemed destined for a high draft pick until he continually [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] the bed.

Bingo. I hate the “if he would have come here then x would’ve happened” theories. Yes, it seems like we should have more success recruiting D-lineman but when we routinely produce All-Conference players and quite a few draft picks from the position it’s hard to argue that we’re need to recruit a lot better.

PO Frog

The difference is that guys go to A&M with first round pick potential and end up in round 5, whereas guys like Ben and LJ come to TCU with late round and UDFA potential and leave as high draft picks.
Arguable but that wasn’t my point. My point was backing up moose’s point, which was that we would have loved to have had him and his talent as he was better than anyone we had in that same class if you are to believe NFL scouting.

Froggish

Bingo. I hate the “if he would have come here then x would’ve happened” theories. Yes, it seems like we should have more success recruiting D-lineman but when we routinely produce All-Conference players and quite a few draft picks from the position it’s hard to argue that we’re need to recruit a lot better.

I don’t recall us consistently having any DT/Nose types drafted...In fact we haven’t had one...Blacklock or Bethley may break that..I hope.

As for the argument we need to recruit a lot better...Well I think we do at certain positions. We need better talent in the interior OL as well as Safety.....Do we seem to get the most out of who we get absolutely...But I don’t have a problem saying I want as many kids with high ceilings as I can get and we have room to improve on the recruiting trail.

TooColdU

Regardless of Mack’s lack of success in college, it’s crazy how he was still drafted in the 5th round.

A&M had 7 players drafted this year despite a lackluster season. Ole Miss had 6.