• The KillerFrogs

Daniel Meyer Daycare

froginaustin

All I can say is, the more future conservative Republicans the better!
:laugh:

Around 15 years ago it was very fashionable for the far left of the Democratic Party to demand Statehood for D.C.-- 2 Senators and as many Congressional seats (2 or 3, IIRC) as their population base would support. The 1990 census had D.C. as 74% African American, and everyone simply assumed that a State of Washington, D.C., would send not only an all-Democratic delegation but an all-leftist delegation to Congress.

In 2008, I heard no one seriously campaigning for D.C. Statehood, and no one really pressing the serious candidates (Obama and Hillary) to support D.C. Statehood or else.

Now it seems that the 2010 census will show D.C. to be majority white, for probably the first time since the end of the Civil War. And the demographic driving this population shift is what we used to call "yuppies", upper middle class whites gentrifying old neighborhoods. It seems that making assumptions about the political impact of demographic change can be a risky business, at least over the long haul. :laugh:

HFrog1999

Nice classless post. I cant stand BYU at all but I wont slam their religion or their beliefs or possibly their lifestyle. Again nice post. My roommate from my days at TCU happens to be Mormon and had a few choice words for your post. Way to show TCU class. Not

Your roommate should lighten up. Life's going to be hard for him if that post makes him upset.

Houston Frog

I think this is the perfect thread to address a very serious issue I've seen pop up on here more and more recently, and that is the use of the word "Not". As in, "I think you make a great point here..... NOT!"

The year isn't 1993, this is not an acceptable term anymore. Everyone please quit using it, it makes me uncomfortable.

Thank you

Stiff Arm Frog

I think this is the perfect thread to address a very serious issue I've seen pop up on here more and more recently, and that is the use of the word "Not". As in, "I think you make a great point here..... NOT!"

The year isn't 1993, this is not an acceptable term anymore. Everyone please quit using it, it makes me uncomfortable.

Thank you

I find this post offensive to people who like to end their sentences with, "not!" My friend likes to end his sentences with "not!" and he got a good laugh out of your post. Maybe you should consider the consequences of your words before you post them on here.

:laugh:

PurpleBlood87

Thank you
Borat understood how to use "NOT!"

Borat Not!