• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: TCU proud of hard work it took to get new stadium, new conference

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Daily Oklahoman: TCU proud of hard work it took to get new stadium, new conference

BY BERRY TRAMEL

FORT WORTH, Texas — Conference realignment has caused much finger-pointing over the years. Some of it with the digit not used for pointing.

And when Texas Christian University’s athletic world collapsed 17 years ago, the Horned Frogs indeed played the blame game.

TCU blamed itself.

When the formation of the Big 12 left the Frogs to scrap for themselves, TCU didn’t ask why of the Longhorns and Aggies and Red Raiders and Bears. The Frogs asked themselves.

And did something about it. Which explains all the hammering and all the cranes and now all the excitement. Two weeks ago, TCU officially became a Big 12 member, and on Sept. 8, the Frogs host Grambling State in the grand opening of the renovated Amon G. Carter Stadium, a jewel of a football stadium that, like its kindred spirit in Stillwater, is nothing like the relic that once inhabited the same ground.

“Old Texas work ethic,” said TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte. “We worked our tails off to get back to this point, a university that dares to be great athletically and academically.” ...

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Read more: http://newsok.com/bi...0#ixzz20gwBWKJa[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]VIDEO: Texas 'Construction' University[/background]

Stiff Arm Frog

Awesome article. Success requires 3 things: Talent, hard work, and luck. It took all three to get us into this conference, and it's going to take all three to keep things moving forward. But I think we'll do it.

NativeFrog

Video of stadium didn't show much. Folks probably wondering where and how in the world $165 million was spent! Show have shown the more impressive west side of the stadium, instead of the stands on the east side.

Leap Frog

From mountain peaks to valley bottoms, I've seen it all with TCU football. Wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything, especially being back on the peak with Shangri-la in full view.

Ron Swanson

Del Conte was hired in autumn 2009 and told in June 2010 he had six months to raise the money for the $165 million stadium. He says he asked 35 donors, either individuals or foundations or corporations. Only one said no.​

vlcsnap-37336.png

Rana1

From mountain peaks to valley bottoms, I've seen it all with TCU football. Wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything, especially being back on the peak with Shangri-la in full view.
Many, many, many of those on the board cannot possibly imagine how far we have traveled and how proud we are at this time.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Going through those bad years makes these years a million times better.