• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: Take West Virginia over TCU in battle of disappointing newbies

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

By Berry Tramel

West Virginia came into the Big 12 last season as the preseason choice to win the league. The Mountaineers tanked, falling to 4-5 in conference and 7-6 overall.

TCU into its second Big 12 season picked third, but with more first-place votes than all but OSU. The Horned Frogs now stand tied for seventh, at 1-4. With West Virginia.

The new Big 12 members have not played up to their billing, and now both are 3-5 overall.

But West Virginia has played the tougher schedule – the Mountaineers haven't drawn Kansas or Iowa State yet. TCU is a 13-point favorite over West Virginia for their game Saturday in Fort Worth. But the Frogs might not score 13 points. Go with the Mountaineers in the upset.

Limey Frog

About how "TCU can't compete" will become the narrative and no one outside FW gives a [ Finebaum ] about why exactly it is that we suck...

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
a few more articles like this and we will decide to get the "chip on our shoulders back", seriously hope the team is seeing these, everyone is doubting our program right now

tcumaniac

tcuball3 said:
a few more articles like this and we will decide to get the "chip on our shoulders back", seriously hope the team is seeing these, everyone is doubting our program right now
Why wouldn't everyone doubt our program right now? Haven't seen anything in a long time that would allow someone to be optimistic about us.

rifram09

I'm afraid there isn't a single person out there who can confidently predict we get bowl eligible, much less win the rest of our games.

frognutz

tcuball3 said:
Everyone except for Vegas apparently.

Limey Frog

tcuball3 said:

I'll believe the chip is back the day I see some folks who have either apparently lost or never had it post their resumes to Monster.com.

Dogfrog

Time for Pachall to step up and lead this offense into a bowl game. He appears to be taking care of his personal business. How fitting would it be for the guy who arguably reversed program momentum to show senior leadership and force the offense to snap out of their funk?

frognutz

Dogfrog said:
Time for Pachall to step up and lead this offense into a bowl game. He appears to be taking care of his personal business. How fitting would it be for the guy who arguably reversed program momentum to show senior leadership and force the offense to snap out of their funk?
Would love it!! The leadership void on this team is grand canyon sized.

Limp Lizard

MR. TCU (tcumaniac) said:
Why wouldn't everyone doubt our program right now? Haven't seen anything in a long time that would allow someone to be optimistic about us.
Uh...great defense, good kickoff returns.  Most of the defense back next year.  
All our problems are on the offense.  And most of those are due to the QB and OL play.  I look for both the be better next year.  My only concern for next year is the OL, been poor to mediocre for 13 years, but who knows what changes will happen off season.

HToady

Yea and charter members Kansas, Iowa State should be kicked out.

Let's not forget Baylor's first 20 years....

y2kFrog

Limp Lizard said:
Uh...great defense, good kickoff returns.  Most of the defense back next year.  
All our problems are on the offense.  And most of those are due to the QB and OL play.  I look for both the be better next year.  My only concern for next year is the OL, been poor to mediocre for 13 years, but who knows what changes will happen off season.
I agree with this. We are a good offensive coordinator away from being good.

Kipster198

TopFrog said:

By Berry Tramel

West Virginia came into the Big 12 last season as the preseason choice to win the league. The Mountaineers tanked, falling to 4-5 in conference and 7-6 overall.

TCU into its second Big 12 season picked third, but with more first-place votes than all but OSU. The Horned Frogs now stand tied for seventh, at 1-4. With West Virginia.

The new Big 12 members have not played up to their billing, and now both are 3-5 overall.

But West Virginia has played the tougher schedule – the Mountaineers haven't drawn Kansas or Iowa State yet. TCU is a 13-point favorite over West Virginia for their game Saturday in Fort Worth. But the Frogs might not score 13 points. Go with the Mountaineers in the upset.
While I agree with what he is saying- maybe he should check the schedule.  TCU hasn't played Iowa St. yet either.  Sloppy journalism.