• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: Big 12 could have fewer 11 a.m. kickoffs

LVH

September and October can be iffy, no matter what the time. Look at 2000:
Sept 32 vs Arky State at 6:00PM. Hot (low 90's) and very humid night, with no breeze. Very, very uncomfortable. Obviously not as much as a hot day game, but still awfully uncomfortable, heat index was probably above 95.

Two weeks later vs Hawaii, Oct.7 at 11:00. About froze my butt off. I remember people trying to stay warm (unsuccessfully) at the Killerfrogs tailgate tent. Set a record that lasted for a few years for lowest maximum temp for Oct. 7.

OK, still better to avoid Sept 11:00 games, but out of our hands, unfortunately.

That Hawaii game was miserable. No way was it above 40 that day, plus it was cloudy and raining.

NewFrogFan

7:00 games in September pretty much suck for tailgating (worse than 11:00 AM in my opinion), so there's that too. There are no good options when it's 95 degrees but at least give me an interesting game to watch, not FCS.

Say what??? I would rather 100% of the time have a 1900 kickoff in Sept. 1100 is the most useless tailgate time only to be exceeded by a time before that or a game on Thursday. 6-8 canopies and fans make it tolerable, cold beer and other stuff easily makes 1900 way better than 1100. My fellow LSU fans agree with me also!!!

September and October can be iffy, no matter what the time. Look at 2000:
Sept 32 vs Arky State at 6:00PM. Hot (low 90's) and very humid night, with no breeze. Very, very uncomfortable. Obviously not as much as a hot day game, but still awfully uncomfortable, heat index was probably above 95.

Two weeks later vs Hawaii, Oct.7 at 11:00. About froze my butt off. I remember people trying to stay warm (unsuccessfully) at the Killerfrogs tailgate tent. Set a record that lasted for a few years for lowest maximum temp for Oct. 7.

OK, still better to avoid Sept 11:00 games, but out of our hands, unfortunately.
NOTHING has been colder than the Cinci/Marshall FW Bowl game. And I stayed until 3 minutes remaining. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!