• The KillerFrogs

CWS Saturday Semifinal Thread: TCU vs. Coastal Carolina (7 pm)

berryfrog95

TCUdirtbag said:
For everyone that hated CW all year, Landestoy hit into 3 inning ending double plays tonight.
I honestly thought he was going to pinch hit with CW....righty vs lefty, especially with 2 dps earlier, oh well

SnoSki

Losing always sucks when compared to winning but losing in the final four is not something to be ashamed of under any circumstances.

You know what's embarrassing? Being the supposed best team in the land and losing in your own super regional.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
N_Cognito said:
End of sports year: 11-2 footbal season with epic come back in bowl game, hire the basketball coach we've wanted for nearly a decade, and back to CWS in a rebuilding year. I'll take that. Setting up for a break thru year next year in each of those sports. This will just make it that much sweeter.
Solid 8th post. Welcome. Keep coming back.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Planks said:
Been to CWS 4 times in last few years, and we've even won a game every single time. Yet never made it to the championship game. I know that making it to Omaha in a rebuilding year is great, but this is starting to get a "Buffalo Bills 4 Super Bowls in a row" feel to it. The novelty of making it to Omaha is gone for me. I want us to finally make it to the Championship game and win that thing. We've been too consistently great to keep saying "maybe next year".

How soon we get spoiled as fans with success. I know you're not trying to come off like that though, because I'm sitting here halfway feeling the same.

Pharm Frog

Frogs1983 said:
Will be pulling for Arizona if for no other reason than to rain on these ESPN announcers CC love fest we've had to endure all week.

Were you aware of the Zona love fest that was going on for the last two days?  Gonna be a lot of love going on in the finals

froglash88

SnoSki said:
Losing always sucks when compared to winning but losing in the final four is not something to be ashamed of under any circumstances.

You know what's embarrassing? Being the supposed best team in the land and losing in your own super regional.
1 Word Alternative Answer: Baylor

Horny 4 Life

Frog-in-law1995 said:
The broadcasting lovefest is for the team that's winning.

Yep.  These announces gave TCU plenty of love through the week.  I honestly don't understand how our fans can complain about the announcers not talking up TCU.  

Frogs1983

Guess I haven't  been keeping up with Arizona games, so no, wasn't aware.
With Frogs out, I'll probably not watch too much more of CWS next week most likely, so announcers can slobber over both teams. I won't be listening.

HToady

Frog45 said:

How soon we get spoiled as fans with success. I know you're not trying to come off like that though, because I'm sitting here halfway feeling the same.

You are right. I expect to spend a portion of my summer watching the Frogs play baseball. I can't imagine what I will do if that doesn't happen.

I am grateful to our baseball team and coaches that have made us so spoiled....