• The KillerFrogs

Curious which pitcher will Schloss start tonight and Tuesday

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Will he throw Holle at DBU tonight then Gerrish tomorrow night in Norman?

Encouraged by how Holle pitched in relief Thursday at BYU. Was aggressive, pounding the zone. Course he had a big lead, but so did another pitcher ... Anyway, Holle looked very sharp.

Wonder how Schloss will handle that today and tomorrow? Anyone know?

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 19 2010, 06:51 AM) [snapback]546521[/snapback]
Will he throw Holle at DBU tonight then Gerrish tomorrow night in Norman?

switch em

sous vide

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 19 2010, 08:21 AM) [snapback]546521[/snapback]
Will he throw Holle at DBU tonight ...

How good is DBU this year?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The thinking being OU saw Gerrish a couple of weeks ago so throw Holle at them I presume?Gerrish pitched really well in that game, 3 ER, two coming in the first. Became a duel with OU's Erben ...

Wiley

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 19 2010, 12:34 PM) [snapback]546536[/snapback]
BTW Tech won the weekend series over OU in Lubbuttock ...

Wow. Anyone know what DBU's RPI is currently?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 19 2010, 07:32 AM) [snapback]546535[/snapback]
The thinking being OU saw Gerrish a couple of weeks ago so throw Holle at them I presume?Gerrish pitched really well in that game, 3 ER, two coming in the first. Became a duel with OU's Erben ...

Oh yeah ... upon further review, Holle made the start at DBU and had a bad outing, allowing 7 ERs in 2.2 innings ... Frogs had a 5-0 lead after batting in the top of the second, and Holle allowed 5 in the bottom of the second. Frogs then took a 7-5 lead in the the third, and Holle gave up two more runs ...

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Ilikefootballalot @ Apr 19 2010, 09:41 AM) [snapback]546589[/snapback]
The preview of tonight's game on gofrogs has a picture of Gerrish with the caption "Paul Gerrish starts for TCU on Tuesday."

If Gerrish has problems on Tue at Norman, I would bring in Purke (who will have had 5 days rest). Could start him on Sunday vs UNLV and start Wink and Maxwell on Friday and Saturday (but nobody asked me).

All I know is we need these two midweek games to be wins!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 19 2010, 10:04 AM) [snapback]546608[/snapback]
If Gerrish has problems on Tue at Norman, I would bring in Purke (who will have had 5 days rest). Could start him on Sunday vs UNLV and start Wink and Maxwell on Friday and Saturday (but nobody asked me).
Interesting thought ... we are pretty deep in arms ... a lot might depend on what happens tonight.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 19 2010, 10:23 AM) [snapback]546633[/snapback]
Interesting thought ... we are pretty deep in arms ... a lot might depend on what happens tonight.

Purke pitched 6 innings last Thursday. Most of our starters only pitch about 6 innings with a couple of exceptions like Purke's complete game and Wink's 8 innings on Friday. Sooner or later, especially if we make it to the CWS someone is going to have to pitch on less than 6 or 7 days rest. I understand pitch count comes into it and that you don't want to wear them out before you have to but....Purke should be able to give us 3 or 4 vs OU on 5 days rest and then be ready to start vs UNLV 5 days later?

Young and Horned

How good is DBU? They already beat us haha. They have a very good starter and a top 3 round pick in the field. So they could do it again if we do not continue to play well. I think our boys got the message the last time though.

swimmerbabe11

I can't imagine us pitching Holle again...as much as I love to watch him, he is very inconsistent.
Awesome when he is on, very wild when he isn't.

I'm hoping for a blowout tomorrow, but we'll see.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 19 2010, 03:25 PM) [snapback]546916[/snapback]
Now that the game has been canceled, we throw Gerrish tomorrow against OU?

Yes.

Latest posts