• The KillerFrogs

Congratulatons TCU fans!

Endless Purple

Very good game. Excellent play by members of both teams all night long, blocking, running, tight passes and incredibly good catches.

It seems like both teams cut back on the run plays a little in that 2nd half, otherwise there might have been a couple of scores more on either side. Two evenly matched teams, and either one would have deserved achance to be playing on the 10th.

Enjoyed the visits by the Wisconsin fans. Always nice to have football educated fans here, hope you stop by even after the game stuff.

yurintroubl

Sounds like what most of us were saying after the Fiesta Bowl loss to Boise last year.

As a matter of fact - I mentioned this exact same thing during an in-game thread on another site tonight.

ScreenCap from mid-4thQ:

gamethreadtcu.jpg

Glad to know I wasn't the only one to see the similarity.

nayr150

This game had a very distinct feel to it. Like an EPIC BATTLE. Its gonna be hard to get over this one for Wisconsin and its fans because it was sooooooooooo dang close. Just and inch or two here and there and it could have been different.

Classy WD. Thanks for coming back. We all know how you feel, felt the exact same way after last year's Fiesta Bowl. Not sure how many guys you have coming back, but next year could be even sweeter for you all.

OmniscienceFrog

Whisky Dude,

1. Way to man up which is more than I can say for most posters on a message board.

2. As I said "Speed Kills". Remember, I am Peter Becket and close to batting a 1000 on my calls.

Regards

Whiskey Dude, if you can do something to rid us of this clown you can stay here forever.

Tucson Frog

Also, I would like to request a small favor from the mods, even though I admit I probably havent earned it. As many of you know, Ive been in here raising cane for a couple weeks now. As I said earlier, I really did mean it all in fun.

Anyway, Ive said that if Wisconsin were to lose, I would be in here ASAP to give you the Big Congrats. If possible, I would ask the Mods to sticky this thread for a short time. If not.....no big deal. When I say Im going to do something.......I DO IT. I just want the PROOF that I did fulfill my word. Plus im sure some wouldnt mind taking their shots...LOL

Take care all.

I would welcome you here any time and appreciate your comments.

BTW please post on the general board from time to time. I need all the help I can get.

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
Fantastic game between two evenly matched teams. The Wisconsin fans I spoke to (and I spoke to A LOT of them) were very friendly. Great fan base. I definitely have a soft spot for Wisconsin now. I still can't believe that we won.

whiskyrunner

Great game and great win! It was among the best games I've seen, though I would have preferred a different outcome. :biggrin: As I suspected, both teams left everything on the field. Again, congratulations on a great victory; you'll be in the NC within a couple of years. Patterson is a treasure ... do what you must to keep him as his stock has increased dramatically. Been fun following your board. Cheers to a great future!

2314@work

Contributor
Your team has earned the respect of the entire football world. For the record, I always did respect your team and Knew this thing would be close. You made the plays when you needed to, and pulled out an amazing victory. Hopefully Wisconsin earned some of your respect also.

I would also like to say that I am sorry if I offended any of you along the way. I really did mean no harm, and intended the ribbing to be in good fun with no ill will intended.

Football REALLY IS.....a game of inches, you got the inches you needed at just the right time when you needed them most. Best of luck to your team and its fans, maybe our two teams can meet again one day on the field of battle.

Take care, and celebrate that VICTORY.......It was well earned!

The Dude.....
Your O-line was [Craig James] good. Was a little nervous in the first quarter. But, that's why our coach is the best in the nation bar none - adjustments, even when outweighed by 50 pounds. Your No. 99 is also a stud. Great game. I hope Oregon/Auburn is a flop. What the BCS title game really is is the battle of offenses. It won't be the FOOTBALL game the Rose Bowl was. it will resemble more of an NFL all-offense game which shallow fans across the nation will enjoy but will make coaches cringe.

Horned Toad

Whisky Dude, I said you were ok after all several posts back but I'm going to elevate my opinion of you now to you are a "stand up" guy and true to your words. You said the W OL was huge and would run all over us and they did, and you said that you'd come back here and take it like a man if y'all lost and you did. You're alright in my book. Good luck to my new favorite Big 10 team in the future. Oh, the fifth quarter show by the band was pretty good except when the kept playing over our bands moment to celebrate. I loved y'alls band, they can put on a show!

Whisky, thanks for coming back and give us prop's and no excuses hard to do when your team loses. Let me compliment your team I have never seen a team run the ball down our throats ever. Your line and running backs are amazing. Your defense was great too. This was two heavyweights slugging it out. What a game I think you guys will be great next year who knows National Championship Rematch next year.

Frog DJ

I said to every Wisconsin fan I encountered in Pasadena, "Your O-line and running game was everything it was advertised to be and more. I haven't seen TCU pushed around like that on the ground in years."

The Frogs certainly deserved to win, but the Badgers didn't deserve to lose, either. Your defense and special teams were much better than most of the so-called experts predicted them to be, and against a lesser opponent you would have dominated the final score.

It was truly an epic battle, and the win was a thrill of a lifetime for this lifelong Frog.

Go Frogs!

fanatical frog

Whiskey Dude, I've enjoyed your comments and I think everyone else has as well. I do hope you become a regular poster on this forum....it'll be fun and it's always good to have an unbiased perspective

BTW, your OL was the best we've seen maybe in forever.

BigEasyFrog

Your team has earned the respect of the entire football world. For the record, I always did respect your team and Knew this thing would be close. You made the plays when you needed to, and pulled out an amazing victory. Hopefully Wisconsin earned some of your respect also.

I would also like to say that I am sorry if I offended any of you along the way. I really did mean no harm, and intended the ribbing to be in good fun with no ill will intended.

Football REALLY IS.....a game of inches, you got the inches you needed at just the right time when you needed them most. Best of luck to your team and its fans, maybe our two teams can meet again one day on the field of battle.

Take care, and celebrate that VICTORY.......It was well earned!

The Dude.....
I don't know what you did or if you raised the ire of posters and whatnot on a consistent basis, but I always enjoy good losers and good winners, sportsmanship, not rubbing it in, etc.

This game could've easily gone a different route if Wisconsin might've managed their timeouts better in the first half, ran it a little bit more, if we would've dropped some passes, etc.

We certainly deserved to win, and you can say Wisconsin perhaps deserved to lose due to the above, but I won't go that route, sounds disrespectful in a game that was extremely even. Even though I think we outcoached y'all to a degree, you all were still extremely close to winning.

Wisconsin was just as advertised.

We always harp on our speed, which is definitely legitimate, but size can certainly kill as well which I don't think is being recognized enough. We saw plenty times Saturday where speed won out, but size did as well on plenty of Wisconsin rushes.

In a 7-game series between these two rosters, it'd probably go down to a game 7 slugfest.

More in general, I still hate the "We wouldn't survive in the SEC or Big 10" excuse. Because very few teams within those conferences would either, that's why I hate it. I think most fans get that we might have a blemish or two in those conferences more often than not, and perhaps this season as well, since we struggled with some aspects like size that Saturday.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Thankyou.............Man, that was a HECK of a game though wasnt it? Truthfully,....nobody really deserved to lose it. Hard fought as you can get. I like that Carder kid,.........big future in the NFL.

Props for coming back after the loss. Those close ones are even tougher, sometimes, to bounce back from.
Thanks for the praise. But...don't give the Tank ideas of going pro early, will ya.
From our perspective, I must say that your run game was all that and a bag of chips.
What was a surprise (to me, anyway) was your defense's run stopping effectiveness.
How'd you like TCU's showgirls?