• The KillerFrogs

Congratulatons TCU fans!

The Dude

Your team has earned the respect of the entire football world. For the record, I always did respect your team and Knew this thing would be close. You made the plays when you needed to, and pulled out an amazing victory. Hopefully Wisconsin earned some of your respect also.

I would also like to say that I am sorry if I offended any of you along the way. I really did mean no harm, and intended the ribbing to be in good fun with no ill will intended.

Football REALLY IS.....a game of inches, you got the inches you needed at just the right time when you needed them most. Best of luck to your team and its fans, maybe our two teams can meet again one day on the field of battle.

Take care, and celebrate that VICTORY.......It was well earned!

The Dude.....

The Dude

Also, I would like to request a small favor from the mods, even though I admit I probably havent earned it. As many of you know, Ive been in here raising cane for a couple weeks now. As I said earlier, I really did mean it all in fun.

Anyway, Ive said that if Wisconsin were to lose, I would be in here ASAP to give you the Big Congrats. If possible, I would ask the Mods to sticky this thread for a short time. If not.....no big deal. When I say Im going to do something.......I DO IT. I just want the PROOF that I did fulfill my word. Plus im sure some wouldnt mind taking their shots...LOL

Take care all.

The Dude

Liked your posts, Whisky, and your cojones in coming back. Good luck next year.

Thankyou.............Man, that was a HECK of a game though wasnt it? Truthfully,....nobody really deserved to lose it. Hard fought as you can get. I like that Carder kid,.........big future in the NFL.

The Dude

Good game WD. And thanks for stopping back.

13- 0 Rose Bowl Champs!!!

YEP. An amazing game it was. I would also like to let you guys know that the whole Whiskey Dude thing was a schtick. Although I strongly suspect most of you know that already....LOL. Afterall, NOBODY could really be THAT big of an A hole. In truth,......Ive really grown to like this board and want to stick around. I understand that I would have to EARN that trust, but....as I say,...I really LIKE this board.

Oh,........I also think I found my second team to root for when the Badgers arent playing. LOVE your teams moxie, how it goes about things.

P

peterbecket

Whisky Dude,

1. Way to man up which is more than I can say for most posters on a message board.

2. As I said "Speed Kills". Remember, I am Peter Becket and close to batting a 1000 on my calls.

Regards

Marinebadger

Congratulations to your team and your fans.

I would say the difference was we got out coached. We couldn't stop your pass, and our run game was as advertised. We did neutralize your returner, but other than that we fell short on game adjustments. End of half, we leave 3 TOs on the board, and go about 20 yards in 2 minutes on our opponents side of the field?

Why we bothered running to the edge or hell even throwing the ball more than 10 times I'm not sure. When it was up the gut, UW ran it for at least 4 yards if not more each time. We left some plays out there, missed a FG, and had a mystifying approach to defending 4 WR sets, with all our cover guys 10 yds deep, and your QB/receivers capitalized.

I give your team credit, they won the game straight up. I've always said coaching is part of the team and you were the better team. No controversy. I just wish we could have had a chance to win with a better game plan. Hell of a play by your guy on that 2pt conversion.

Best of luck to your program in the future, unless we play again.

dweller

WD, I don't think you offended anyone. It was a great game much closer than I would have liked. The Wisconsin offenive line is as good as advertised. best of luck next year.

Frog89

Huge respect for Wisconsin. I don't mind saying I was dead wrong. This game could have gone either way. Wisconsin running game was absolutely impressive. Good luck in the future.

DentonTxSooner

Congrats. Was at Owen Field when your frogs beat my Sooners in 2005. Could tell then the frogs were on the rise. Coach Patterson has done an excellent job and it appears you have an AD you need to hold on to as well. Look forward to TCU being the class of D1A football in Texas for years to come. Boomer Sooner!

The Dude

This game had a very distinct feel to it. Like an EPIC BATTLE. Its gonna be hard to get over this one for Wisconsin and its fans because it was sooooooooooo dang close. Just and inch or two here and there and it could have been different. I thought FOR SURE we were going to run it in for the 2 point conversion, but instead a pass was called. Outstanding call by our O.C, our t.e was wide open ...But alas...:blush:That was an outstanding play by Carder to knock down the pass, or who knows....we MAY be STILL playing....LOL

HFrog1999

Wisconsin is a great team and they played a great game. You can't tell me those weren't the two best teams in the country out there today.

Frogs1983

Congratulations to your team and your fans.

I would say the difference was we got out coached. We couldn't stop your pass, and our run game was as advertised. We did neutralize your returner, but other than that we fell short on game adjustments. End of half, we leave 3 TOs on the board, and go about 20 yards in 2 minutes on our opponents side of the field?

Why we bothered running to the edge or hell even throwing the ball more than 10 times I'm not sure. When it was up the gut, UW ran it for at least 4 yards if not more each time. We left some plays out there, missed a FG, and had a mystifying approach to defending 4 WR sets, with all our cover guys 10 yds deep, and your QB/receivers capitalized.

I give your team credit, they won the game straight up. I've always said coaching is part of the team and you were the better team. No controversy. I just wish we could have had a chance to win with a better game plan. Hell of a play by your guy on that 2pt conversion.

Best of luck to your program in the future, unless we play again.

Sounds like what most of us were saying after the Fiesta Bowl loss to Boise last year.

ZeeFrog

Whisky Dude Texas polka IS better than Wisconsin polka. i'm grateful for the chance to play against the badgers. great rose bowl!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6TBrfCW54&feature=player_embedded