• The KillerFrogs

Confession regarding Baylor

froggyfiveo

As a guy that started at Baylor and left after one semester to transfer here, I can assure you that while Baylor does have some normal people, the culture there is so awkward that it just encourages normal people to become strange.  Also, a lot of them mellow out as they leave Waco and age, but a lot are still really weird.

Westsider

Funny thing..... There are three officers in the bank I use that are Baylor and each are 55 or older. I swear, even after all these years if you put them in a 20-man lineup, you could pick them out without fail. Bless their hearts....

Frog DJ

Being a lifelong Southern Baptist Horned Frog, I have suffered many decades of delusion and haughtiness from BU folk at church on Sundays.

That being said, there are many good, down-to-earth, reasonable Bear alums, who are delighted to have TCU in the Big XII instead of A&M, and regularly root for the Frogs except when they play the Bears.

I'd agree there are dorks in every fan base, and TCU is no exception, but Baylor almost seems to wear its dorkiness with a certain amount of inexplicable pride.

To each his or her own, I always say...

Go Frogs!

ftwfrog

The tiny bit of respect I had for any of you is quickly fading. Not only do you have friends who decided it was a good idea to spend 4 years in Waco, but you feel the need to come on KFC and tell us that, "Hey, I know some Baylor guys that are pretty cool."

As Lou Brown would say, "knock that boat off!!"

WzeXUrr.jpg

Frog-in-law1995

ftwfrog said:
The tiny bit of respect I had for any of you is quickly fading. Not only do you have friends who decided it was a good idea to spend 4 years in Waco, but you feel the need to come on KFC and tell us that, "Hey, I know some Baylor guys that are pretty cool."
I have one Baylor friend. Was a pretty big pot dealer down there. He invited me once to a fraternity/sorority mixer at a cheap hotel north of the river (demolished for the stadium). The girls were pretty cool. The guys were a level of dork I thought only existed in John Hughes films.

Frog on Earth

Frog-in-law1995 said:
I have one Baylor friend. Was a pretty big pot dealer down there. He invited me once to a fraternity/sorority mixer at a cheap hotel north of the river (demolished for the stadium). The girls were pretty cool. The guys were a level of dork I thought only existed in John Hughes films.
Good lolz bro. F baylo. Bears... Smh. Goobz.

tcujsauce

I too have a Baylor confession. I wish that I could have ever Baylor alum and fan's phone number, so I could text them all my favorite Disney gif.

wamos001

Ron Swanson said:
It's probably because you're a normal person and you associate with normal people. Most all of my friends at rival schools are cool, but that's because they're my friends and I think my friends are cool people... it's kind of a chicken or the egg type thing.

You can't let your association with your friends taint the true image of a school.

I think it is unequivocally this.  I have quite a few Aggie friends (as I live in Houston and they are everywhere), but it seems like all of my Aggie friends are 2%ers.  Is it because the real 2%ers are quite in excess of just 2% or is it because the other 98%ers (if that's a thing) would never make me want to be friends with them?

Probably the latter.

Ron Swanson

wamos001 said:

I think it is unequivocally this.  I have quite a few Aggie friends (as I live in Houston and they are everywhere), but it seems like all of my Aggie friends are 2%ers.  Is it because the real 2%ers are quite in excess of just 2% or is it because the other 98%ers (if that's a thing) would never make me want to be friends with them?

Probably the latter.
A little of both, but you have to base your opinion of a fan base on those you encounter or work with.

I know a shipload of really cool Aggies, but I also encounter a shipload of really weird Aggies.

jake102

wamos001 said:

Probably the latter.

Aggies are simple. By themselves, they are usually completely normal. Get them in groups, and it's a giant w t f situation.

TCUdirtbag

Frog DJ said:
That being said, there are many good, down-to-earth, reasonable Bear alums, who are delighted to have TCU in the Big XII instead of A&M, and regularly root for the Frogs except when they play the Bears.
You do realize that people often say nice, non-confrontational lies like that when what they really mean is "scheiss your [ Finebaum ]ty school i hate it," right?

I mean, I do this every day to my Baylor bosses. They surely know I'm full of [ Finebaum ], but I'm courteous as they control my workload. I doubt these people you speak of want to make you feel unwelcome at church, but they're lying to you about their feelings regarding TCU.

OldSchoolFrog

Road Trip Frog said:
I know that Baylor is stereotyped on this board as being a bunch of dorks. The bad news is that I have a bunch of friends that went to Baylor and almost all of them are normal. Does this mean:

A. The stereotype is misguided.
B. I just happened to meet the only 8 normal guys to graduate from Baylor.
C. I am actually a dork because I can't recognize that these guys are all dorks as well.

Please advise.

I think there was a special corner for you during rush. 

"Road Trip, I’d like you to meet Mohammed, Jugdish, Sidney and Clayton…"

Dogfrog

Ron Swanson said:
A little of both, but you have to base your opinion of a fan base on those you encounter or work with.

I know a shipload of really cool Aggies, but I also encounter a shipload of really weird Aggies.
I have a former colleague who is openly a 2 percenter, even around other Aggies. He's very proud to be an Aggie, just doesn't buy into all the cultish BS. He also happens to be one of the highest quality and successful persons I have ever worked with. It takes real self assurance to resist getting swept up in the groupthink IMO.