• The KillerFrogs

Conference title odds

Tom Brown

Don't know why you think KSU's defense is 2nd in the Big12. Their defense gave up 5.66Ypp last year which was only better than Iowa State, Texas Tech, Baylor, and Kansas.

Could possibly see a 2 loss champ, but will never see a 3 loss champ.

Bend don't break. Their D is good, sorry I don't have stats to quote, but without that D they wouldn't have made Cotton.

I am biased just like you, but my stat-less d rankings for 2012-13:
Texas, KState, TCU(would've been higher before crazy off season, OU.
Then everybody else.
I only said it was possible. Nothing is impossible.

Tom Brown

Don't know why you think KSU's defense is 2nd in the Big12. Their defense gave up 5.66Ypp last year which was only better than Iowa State, Texas Tech, Baylor, and Kansas.

Could possibly see a 2 loss champ, but will never see a 3 loss champ.

Bend don't break. Their D is good, sorry I don't have stats to quote, but without that D they wouldn't have made Cotton.

I am biased just like you, but my stat-less d rankings for 2012-13:
Texas, KState, TCU(would've been higher before crazy off season, OU.
Then everybody else.
I only said it was possible. Nothing is impossible.

Tom Brown

This is a jam packed big 12 this season as Texas will be better but not that good, TCU and WV are stronger than Mizzou and aTm, OSU, KSAte and Baylor will all lose more than last year, ISU and KU should be a little better, Tubs has his back against the wall in Lubbock and the top rated team, OU, hangs their hat on a highy regarded but shaky QB and poor secondary.

NavyFrog

Speaking of odds. I was in Las Vegas yesterday and put down a $20.00 on the Frogs to win the National Championship. Bally's has the Frogs at 100-1. Can't remember what OU was but the Longhorns are 35-1 and WVU 28-1.

Hefley001

I disagree with this. Their D isn't good. If you look at the stats, teams that stuck with the run (A&M 30rush-215yds; ISU 27rush-215yds) made them pay. Teams that abandonded the run (OU 10rush passed for 505yds; OSU 16 rush passed for 502yds) made them pay.

For 2011-2012 I think the top D's will look like this: UT, OU, OSU, TCU, WVU, KSU,ISU, TT, BU, and KU.

cdsfrog

TCU defense will be better than OSU defense. Even with the injuries/arrests etc

Our rush defense will be 50 spots higher, pass defense slightly better but not great. Coaching wise defensively we win big time. Offensively coaching wise your team is pretty darn good.

cdsfrog

Are you expecting to magically jump from 90th in rushing to 35th?

No I wont bet we are 50 spots higher. If we lose 2 great defensive players it may only 20 spots higher.

Our rush defense will be better and our defense overall. I will stand behind that statement, regardless of what happens throughout the season.

Hefley001

What you have to understand is we aren't going to be as quick strike as we were last year. This means our defense won't have to play the equivelant of 3 extra games which lead to more yardage being placed on the stat sheet. We will utilize our RB's more this year. You say 90th, but in actuality they were 50-60 based on YPC.

cdsfrog

And you have a new QB who is going to make 10x as many mistakes as a 28 year old on his 4th year of the offense versus a guy with no time on the offense.

OSU was #1 in the country in turnover margin. Expect that ranking to go down.

People ran on OSU a lot for that reason and the whole 81st in 3rd down percentage defense. When people convert 42% of 3rd downs on you they tend to run more.

50+ was an exaggeration based on last years numbers. I have no idea what the real number will be but the rankings of TCU and OSU defensively will be reverse of what you put.

Hefley001

You too will soon find that when your defense starts defending these pass happy offenses that your defense will get gashed for huge running plays.

Hefley001

OSU was #1 in the country in turnover margin. Expect that ranking to go down

2009 - 11th in NCAA
2010 - 5th in NCAA
2011 - 1st in NCAA

No, I don't expect that number to go way down. We return 8 of those 11 on that ball hawking defense. 3 years straight isn't luck. They practice this everyday. It's a part of Bill Young's defense.

cdsfrog

You know that TCU was 38% right? Against offenses that were nowhere near the caliber OSU faced right?

It's ok, not going to argue this point. You will soon find out.

In our worst year of defense ever returning 9 starters for the whole team? Yes I knew that.

24.1% in 2010
26.8% in 2009
28.74% in 2008

Hefley001

2009-2010-2011 Experienced QBs

2012- Guy with no experience

Our offense has nothing to do with our defense getting takeaways. 8 of our 11 on that #1 in TO defense. The 3 that left only took 8 turnovers with them. Our defense will be top 10 in takeaways again.

cdsfrog

Our offense has nothing to do with our defense getting takeaways. 8 of our 11 on that #1 in TO defense. The 3 that left only took 8 turnovers with them. Our defense will be top 10 in takeaways again.

Turnover Margin = Turnovers Gained- Turnovers Lost

Didn't reference turnovers gained. The leader of your secondary is gone so that might be hurt a bit but I dont expect as much of a fallout from Turnovers Gained than I do Margin.

Primarily because your QB will throw more picks and have more fumbles.

Hefley001

In our worst year of defense ever returning 9 starters for the whole team? Yes I knew that.

24.1% in 2010
26.8% in 2009
28.74% in 2008

And?

You're acting as if last year was an anomoly and you will be back to a top 25 defense this year while playing in a far superior offensive league. Going from MWC to the Big12 most expected your defense to take a step back. With the losses you guys took this year because of attrition and drug bust most now think it's two steps back. Yet you think your defense will miraculously be back to 2008 form while competing in the Big12 this year.