• The KillerFrogs

Come On Basketball Fans

Eight

This is one example but NC St has made the tourney 5 of the last 7 years (including last year) and they are packing it out. The crowd their last game was out of control. They sold out their 5,500 seat arena for Harvard.

ncstate played their acc games at pnc arena which holds over 15,000+ and then played their nit games at the much smaller reynolds.

a school with an enrollment over 24,000 in the middle of one of the hotbeds of college basketball and with a tradition of competitive basketball is not going to have much trouble filling a much smaller arena when they fill the bigger arena for conference play

for grins i looked at indiana who has a good size student population, avid fan base, and history of success

hoosiers drew 5,431 for the nit opener hosting st. franics and then drew over 12,000 to host arkansas.

that arkansas crowd is still some 3,000 short of capacity.

Wexahu

ncstate played their acc games at pnc arena which holds over 15,000+ and then played their nit games at the much smaller reynolds.

a school with an enrollment over 24,000 in the middle of one of the hotbeds of college basketball and with a tradition of competitive basketball is not going to have much trouble filling a much smaller arena when they fill the bigger arena for conference play

for grins i looked at indiana who has a good size student population, avid fan base, and history of success

hoosiers drew 5,431 for the nit opener hosting st. franics and then drew over 12,000 to host arkansas.

that arkansas crowd is still some 3,000 short of capacity.

FWIW, Indiana's arena seats 17,200. So they had at least 5,200 empty seats and that's if all 12,000 actually made it to the game which I kind of doubt.

Old Greg

Is the "Come on Basketball Fans" thread title a request? We can have some Bailey's and then I can honor the request. Which one of you motherlickers is the biggest basketball fan?

CountryFrog

I would guess if the Cheez-It Bowl were played in ACS this past year and tickets were $15 the crowd would've been very average at best, and a worse crowd than a typical home game against any Big 12 opponent. The NIT just isn't all that exciting, and especially for a team that is disappointed to be there. Take a look at NIT crowds at games played at schools who are perennial NCAA tournament teams....some of those arenas are literally 1/3 full.
Since we're stuck on the Cheez It Bowl comparison, this would be like having 42k and a rocking stadium for the 2017 Cheez It Bowl and then 2 years later it's 25k people in the stands. That's the part that seems odd to me is the dramatic drop just 2 years later. A drop in interest isn't surprising, it's just a very large drop.

Maybe the stranger part is the fact that we had the place so packed in 2017 and this season is actually closer to the norm for NIT games. I really don't know.

WhatTheFrog

Since we're stuck on the Cheez It Bowl comparison, this would be like having 42k and a rocking stadium for the 2017 Cheez It Bowl and then 2 years later it's 25k people in the stands. That's the part that seems odd to me is the dramatic drop just 2 years later. A drop in interest isn't surprising, it's just a very large drop.

Maybe the stranger part is the fact that we had the place so packed in 2017 and this season is actually closer to the norm for NIT games. I really don't know.
I love football season.

This year's Armed Forces Bowl was pretty crowded. I've been every year for the past 5 years or so, and it was an awesome crowd. Too bad it wasn't a Big12 team this year, but it was still good.

</derail>

YA

Playing the game 2 days later doesn't help. TCU really didn't send out emails with ticket links that I saw. Then going to the go frogs website had a ll kinds of issues.

And if I am honest here, I feel like I don't even want to go the game myself
I love football season.

This year's Armed Forces Bowl was pretty crowded. I've been every year for the past 5 years or so, and it was an awesome crowd. Too bad it wasn't a Big12 team this year, but it was still good.

</derail>
It was a good crowd. My buddies and I sat in the houston section. We loudly would make predictions how many plays would it take for Army to score. It got so out of hand, even the houston folks that had a sense of humor got in on the betting action.

WhatTheFrog

Playing the game 2 days later doesn't help. TCU really didn't send out emails with ticket links that I saw. Then going to the go frogs website had a ll kinds of issues.

And if I am honest here, I feel like I don't even want to go the game myself

It was a good crowd. My buddies and I sat in the houston section. We loudly would make predictions how many plays would it take for Army to score. It got so out of hand, even the houston folks that had a sense of humor got in on the betting action.
It was an ugly game, but still fun.

Eight

Yes, our ticket website has some kinks in it. I can get in one way but not another. They probably need to fix that.

working in sales i have always found it beneficial when vendors make navigating their systems at the point of sales as cumbersome and frustrating as possible