• The KillerFrogs

Come On Basketball Fans

tcumaniac

Well, I guess season ticket holders decided to renew for this game. I got [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] seats, but I'll be there on Tuesday with my old lady! Section 212 Row J this time!
.... What time did you buy your tickets?

All the extras were released a little after 5:15pm today and there were a ton of lower bowl seats in the 100s just like there has been every NIT game so far.

Before all the tickets were released, there were quite a few showing up in the 200 level. According to the ticket office, these were tickets that were part of season ticket accounts that had claimed some, but not all of their season tickets for tomorrow night’s game. Would make me think there are a lot of people with lower level seats that also own extra seats in the 200s? Nothing else really seems to make sense.

Anyway, if you bought your tickets before 5:15 today, you unfortunately got kind of screwed.

Maybe call the ticket office and see if they’ll let you exchange them?

Dogfrog

It’s been a bit of a mystery what they are doing. First game against SHSU email said you could buy courtside tickets if you first committed to buy your season tickets. So I needed two but bought four to upgrade. Nebraska game that offer went away so I bought my season tickets. Then my friend offered me his four courtside. So I ended up with six. This time around I couldn’t ever get the website to work so I bought my two. Now I finally see better seats available from the link they sent out with the baseball email but I’m sticking with what I’ve got. It’s been a bit confusing.

froginmn

You got it brother.
dangerwillrobinson-1.jpg

narly1

I bought my tix for last night's game on the website and was able to choose my seats, but that was after the season ticket holder reservation time was over.

I logged in right at 5:30 last night and got section 101. I saw lots of open seats in the 100s but nothing courtside this time.

CountryFrog

I understand the situations of 2017 and this year are very different in terms of program expectations. In 2017 we were happy to be having any success in basketball. This year we expected to be a tournament team and (before the mass exodus) maybe competing for a Big 12 title. Still, though, it's amazing how oblivious fans seem to be to this year's NIT run as opposed to 2017. That game at home to make it to NYC was pretty packed and a great atmosphere. This year very few people seem to care at all.

Is it really just because of the difference in expectations compared to 2 years ago? This year's Kansas game was the best atmosphere we've had since joining the B12 imo. That loss was a massive gut punch and since then it seems many fans just threw in the towel on this season.

Wexahu

I understand the situations of 2017 and this year are very different in terms of program expectations. In 2017 we were happy to be having any success in basketball. This year we expected to be a tournament team and (before the mass exodus) maybe competing for a Big 12 title. Still, though, it's amazing how oblivious fans seem to be to this year's NIT run as opposed to 2017. That game at home to make it to NYC was pretty packed and a great atmosphere. This year very few people seem to care at all.

Is it really just because of the difference in expectations compared to 2 years ago? This year's Kansas game was the best atmosphere we've had since joining the B12 imo. That loss was a massive gut punch and since then it seems many fans just threw in the towel on this season.

It's completely normal given the trajectory of the program. It's been there, done that in terms of the NIT. No different than if a football team who hasn't been to a bowl game in 20 years plays in, say, four straight Cheez-It Bowls. The interest level and anticipation for that first one is going to be much, much higher than it will be for the 4th one. Human nature.

CountryFrog

It's completely normal given the trajectory of the program. It's been there, done that in terms of the NIT. No different than if a football team who hasn't been to a bowl game in 20 years plays in, say, four straight Cheez-It Bowls. The interest level and anticipation for that first one is going to be much, much higher than it will be for the 4th one. Human nature.
The Cheez It Bowl isn't played in our own stadium with $15 tickets though. This is an EASY game to go to. I definitely understand some drop in interest from last time but there's a pretty massive gap between this one and the last one that seems odd to me.

Wexahu

The Cheez It Bowl isn't played in our own stadium with $15 tickets though. This is an EASY game to go to. I definitely understand some drop in interest from last time but there's a pretty massive gap between this one and the last one that seems odd to me.

I would guess if the Cheez-It Bowl were played in ACS this past year and tickets were $15 the crowd would've been very average at best, and a worse crowd than a typical home game against any Big 12 opponent. The NIT just isn't all that exciting, and especially for a team that is disappointed to be there. Take a look at NIT crowds at games played at schools who are perennial NCAA tournament teams....some of those arenas are literally 1/3 full.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Suggestion to ticket office for future NIT’s. Before the first game, be prepared to give season ticket holders the opportunity to commit to their season tickets for three possible home games. (If no game, credit cards aren’t charged).

At the same time ask the season ticket holders to accept or deny to be upgraded to the next best arena level if possible - 200 to 100’s; 100’s to courtside etc. Incorporate priority points if you have to. Agreeing to this would include the acknowledgment that an upgrade would mean ANY ticket location together in the better level. So you could go from mid court 200’s to 100’s baseline. All this back and forth creates too much work for the ticket office and uncertainty for fans.

tcujsauce

Haha! I was Sec 12, Row D, seats 1-2 yesterday. The game before was Sec 111, Row H, seats 11-16 for the first NIT game against SHSU. We're undefeated for every TCU MBB game I've attended. I've been fired up about this tournament even though a ton of people (even here) haven't.

I guess I've never been to the Scholl. You obviously don't know of which you speak. You're ignorant.

The ignorance in this conversation is calling any seat in Schollmaier a “nosebleed”.

upload_2019-3-26_10-26-26.gif

SuperTFrog

I would guess if the Cheez-It Bowl were played in ACS this past year and tickets were $15 the crowd would've been very average at best, and a worse crowd than a typical home game against any Big 12 opponent. The NIT just isn't all that exciting, and especially for a team that is disappointed to be there. Take a look at NIT crowds at games played at schools who are perennial NCAA tournament teams....some of those arenas are literally 1/3 full.
This is one example but NC St has made the tourney 5 of the last 7 years (including last year) and they are packing it out. The crowd their last game was out of control. They sold out their 5,500 seat arena for Harvard.

CountryFrog

This is one example but NC St has made the tourney 5 of the last 7 years (including last year) and they are packing it out. The crowd their last game was out of control. They sold out their 5,500 seat arena for Harvard.
NC State really only has a 5500 seat arena? Seems small for what I would guess is a fairly large state school in a basketball hotbed.

Wexahu

NC State normally plays in 19,700 seat PNC Arena. They are playing the NIT in their old gym because I'm sure they couldn't get anything close to 19,000 for the game. I'd guess if we go to play at some 2,000 seat HS gym it might be packed.