• The KillerFrogs

Colonial

Limp Lizard

I took golf for PE credits during Summer School at TCU. We practiced in the Worth Hills area long before the construction happened. I was actually an experienced golfer and had to help our teacher, Kitty Wingo (after class, away from the other students, of course). And I am one of those still alive who actually played Worth Hills GC. Made me really appreciate "The Glory Game" by Jenkins, which is still the funniest golf story I have ever read. That has muny-course golf and golfers down perfectly. Especially Fort Worth: iffy fairways, greens made more of crab grass than bermuda.... still fun. Worst thing back then was the fragility of good balls.

That brings up my suggestion to keep down the scores and length today: just make the Tour players play with clubs and balls that match 1965 technology. Of course that would never happen because the equipment makers rely on players wanting to buy what the Tour players use. But being 63 years old, I really appreciate balls that go at least 10% further and fly straighter than they did a dozen years ago, and still spin well and last much longer, too.

TCURiggs

Looks like Jerry Kelly made good on his Rose Bowl bet with J.J....

wo2ax.jpg

bronco

If I remember correctly, wasn't there a putting green between Worth Hills and the Rickell Building(circa 1987).

I hope Kelly wore the head and I hope a tape is being sent to Madison.

82Frog

82, your signature picture is the best I have seen of GP and the team pre-game. That look on his face is just scary. Grim before battle, Tolkien might say.

Thanks Limp,

I took that back in 2008 at New Mexico for the season opener. Right place at the right time.