• The KillerFrogs

College Gamdeday for #4 TCU vs. #8 Utah

Stanford has been told by ESPN that Gameday is looking at TCU/Utah and Stanford/Arizona. They were told if either TCU or Utah lose before that game, they will be at Stanford. Otherwise, if TCU/Utah are both undefeated, they'll go to that game.

I didn't hear any mention of the SEC game. But I'm sure the SEC is an option if Utah loses to AFA and Stanford or Arizona lose.

tcumaniac

If us and Utah take care of business this week, then we'll be completely fine. I'll put all my money on them going to SLC if were both still undefeated. Huge story line. Battle of 2 unbeaten, top 10, non bcs teams looking for that chance of playing in the ncg.

Goo

All of the buses/gear will already be out west for the Oregon/USC game. Easy trip to SLC from there. They have already done a LSU game (neutral site) and an Alabama game (in Tuscaloosa) this season, although this game is in Baton Rouge.

good info
the fact that they have already done Bama and LSU is huge. Also, I think not doing Ute game in years is big. If TCU and Utah can win this weekend, I have great feeling about Gameday. Heck, they did two TCU games last yr

Goo

Stanford has been told by ESPN that Gameday is looking at TCU/Utah and Stanford/Arizona. They were told if either TCU or Utah lose before that game, they will be at Stanford. Otherwise, if TCU/Utah are both undefeated, they'll go to that game.

makes sense. What's your source at Gameday?

I'll be shocked if they're not in SLC, assuming we both TCB this weekend. This gives ESPN a great platform to legitimize a team (Utah) that they've been delegitimizing for years in the MWC. Don't forget that next year Utah will be in the ESPN circle by way of their Pac-10/12 contract., so I look for them to start pumping them up starting next Saturday. Let's hope we whoop Utah so that ESPN is forced to "legitimize" TCU as well. I was surprised they never mentioned how close the TCU-Boise gap is in the latest BCS poll, so I'm thinking they're saving that as a key CGD storyline. "Will this game put TCU over the hump and pass Boise as the lead BCS buster?"