• The KillerFrogs

College Gamdeday for #4 TCU vs. #8 Utah

Goo

What are chances for College Gameday going to SLC for #4 TCU vs. #8 Utah.
Gameday hasn't been to a TCU or Utah game this year, despite both spending all season in top-10.
We have two serious competing games, both of which have lesser ranked matchups.

#6 Alabama
#12 LSU

This will be a huge game, but I believe they have already visited one of these schools?

#12 Stanford
#15 Arizona

Surely, they won't pick Pac-10 matchup of two teams out of top 10.

FrogsMcGee

All of the buses/gear will already be out west for the Oregon/USC game. Easy trip to SLC from there. They have already done a LSU game (neutral site) and an Alabama game (in Tuscaloosa) this season, although this game is in Baton Rouge.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Your right.Thanks RSF

You bet.

They have already done a LSU game (neutral site) and an Alabama game (in Tuscaloosa) this season, although this game is in Baton Rouge.

Not sure that matters much. They came to FW for the Utah game only 3 weeks after they were in Provo for the TCU/BYU game. Having said that, my guess (or perhaps its a hope) is that if Utah and TCU take care of business this weekend, they'll be in SLC for a battle of 2 undefeated Top 10 teams. Say what you will about ESPN, the choices for CGD tend to put the matchup ahead of whatever else is on ESPN's agenda. And the fact that Utah becomes one of the 'chosen ones' next season can't hurt. :tongue:

Mike Brooks

Alabama/LSU is the CBS 2:30(CT) game on the 6th. I don't think they particularly care about the kickoff time. I think they were at the State Fair for Texas/OU last year.
What game is Herbie doing? He will have to fly out. Like our game last year although Des got a hall pass.

I think Utah Game Day would be dynamic. We would represent IMO. I know they would.

TCUdirtbag

LSU/Bama will not get gameday over TCU/Utah. They've covered several SEC games already, and they'll probably cover Auburn/Bama at the end of the season.

Week 1: LSU @ UNC
Week 2: Penn State @ Bama
Week 6: Bama @ SC

Someone mentioned the Pac-10 game Stanford v Zona; they went to Stanford @ Oregon week 5. Only way they consider this game over TCU @ Utah is if USC beats Oregon and Stanford is back in the Pac-10 champ race.

Assuming both TCU and Utah win this week, I fully expect to see gameday in Salt Lake. One of the last clashes of undefeateds.

jack the frog

Doesn't rate a new thread, but Gottlieb just called TCU the most under-rated team in the top 10. Cites the dismantling of a pretty good Baylor team and the Air Force beatdown......

Get Your Frogs Up

LSU/Bama will not get gameday over TCU/Utah. They've covered several SEC games already, and they'll probably cover Auburn/Bama at the end of the season.

Week 1: LSU @ UNC
Week 2: Penn State @ Bama
Week 6: Bama @ SC

Someone mentioned the Pac-10 game Stanford v Zona; they went to Stanford @ Oregon week 5. Only way they consider this game over TCU @ Utah is if USC beats Oregon and Stanford is back in the Pac-10 champ race.

Assuming both TCU and Utah win this week, I fully expect to see gameday in Salt Lake. One of the last clashes of undefeateds.

Also Clemson @ Auburn.

Frog89

Looks like neither LSU nor Alabama play next week so no more chances to lose, unfortunately. Personally, the Utah/TCU plot line is a hell of a lot more interesting than LSU/Bama one.. But I have this bad feeling that Baton Rouge will get the nod.

KornFrog

I feel confident we get it, for reasons previously stated, the most important being that they've already given the SEC (and specifically Alabama 2x) a lot of love this year.

I would imagine ESPN is predicting a return to Alabama for Alabama/Auburn at the end of the season. Hopefully, for our sake, that will feature a 2 loss Alabama versus a 1 loss Auburn, but I doubt the talking heads see it that way.

They made the "too much SEC" argument already when they passed up Alabama/Arkansas for Boise/Oregon St. As that has been their only non-AQ game this season, and we are a much more interesting matchup than that was, I don't see anyway they will pass us up.

HoustonHornedFrog

What are chances for College Gameday going to SLC for #4 TCU vs. #8 Utah.
Gameday hasn't been to a TCU or Utah game this year, despite both spending all season in top-10.
We have two serious competing games, both of which have lesser ranked matchups.

#6 Alabama
#7 LSU

This will be a huge game, but I believe they have already visited one of these schools?

#12 Stanford
#15 Arizona

Surely, they won't pick Pac-10 matchup of two teams out of top 10.

It is a #7 Alabama v. #12 LSU
and #13 Stanford v. #15 Az. according to the latest BCS rankings.