• The KillerFrogs

Coaches got way too much blame. Where is the blame for the players?

Mean Purple

how is that possible? same defensive staff working together since 2017
sometimes it is just the players. you can miss on recruits you take just as bad as ones you dont take.

early signing day makes this happen more. not time for coaches to really evaluate and see if the kid progressed or hit their ceiling by sr high school year.

JAB331

so they are all walk on's?
Here's the key piece for me, compliment of SB Nation:

Dykes has, at SMU, managed to recruit the 51st class in the country in 2021 per 247 Sports (TCU’s class was 53rd), and the 57th class for this recruiting cycle (TCU’s is currently 79th after multiple decommits, it was previously 53rd).

Wexahu

Here's the key piece for me, compliment of SB Nation:

Dykes has, at SMU, managed to recruit the 51st class in the country in 2021 per 247 Sports (TCU’s class was 53rd), and the 57th class for this recruiting cycle (TCU’s is currently 79th after multiple decommits, it was previously 53rd).
Class rankings are way too much determined by class size. I class with 25 average kids will be rated higher than one with 15 good kids.

CryptoMiner

think according to one source he would leave tcu the best defensive end ever to play the position during the patterson era

since that era has ended and we can start compiling that list i am not sure he is better than matt boesen who was a solid pass rusher and decent against the run.

Ha, that guy drank the Kool Aid and so much more. Don’t understand the dedication or even worship to that site.

Yes Punter etal, looking at you.

GenXFrog

Today the players are to blame, the last 4 years are on the coaches, many of the players are not P5 quality
There is tons of blame for everybody.

Coaches, players, the AD, and more. This is the result of systemic failure over the last several years.

Hate that this is the way this season, and everything else, ended.

So ready for a new chapter.

Virginia Frog

There is tons of blame for everybody.

Coaches, players, the AD, and more. This is the result of systemic failure over the last several years.

Hate that this is the way this season, and everything else, ended.

So ready for a new chapter.
Pink slip city. Start at the TOP. VicBo (Okay, he can stay through the 150 year celebration), ADJD and100% of the coaching staff.
TCU needs an epiphany.
(I can't sit through another season like this.)

Virginia Frog

You misspelled enema.
??? not sure what you mean.

Do you believe that these folks (VicBo, et.al.) need an enema instead of a pink slip? That would be something. Who's going to administer them? I don't do "brown." You all could do it on the KF.com podcast...a video edition would be interesting.

Oh Well, adios until '22. I'll take my leave.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
??? not sure what you mean.

Do you believe that these folks (VicBo, et.al.) need an enema instead of a pink slip? That would be something. Who's going to administer them? I don't do "brown." You all could do it on the KF.com podcast...a video edition would be interesting.

Oh Well, adios until '22. I'll take my leave.
You wrote: "TCU needs an epiphany." The humorous rejoinder seemed appropriate, given that it is unlikely that anyone in our current Brain Trust is capable of an epiphany, and a properly executed enema (high-pressure firehose) might extract some heads from rectums...