• The KillerFrogs

Coach Schloss on tonight’s KillerFrogs Hour/Podcast... Questions?

BABYFACE

Was the real reason CJS considered MSU was because Snowski owned the copyrights to the “Woo” and it killed Schloss’s idea for his idea to sell Woo Bird hats?

TCUdirtbag

I think we could learn a lot while still being respectful by artfully asking him what he wants to see in the future for TCU baseball as he tries to sustain recent success and bring home a championship - and what he’s asking fans and administration to do for him to help make it happen. (E.g., “I think we all know what you and all of us want for the future of TCU baseball: to keep developing great young men off the field, whether it’s for a future in baseball or ortherwise, while sustaining the success on the field and hopefully bringing home a national championship. What have you asked and what are you asking of TCU fans and TCU administrators to help you achieve those goals?”).

Side note, I have tons of respect for him agreeing to do this tonight. Personal connection to Wes certainly paying off. And sure there some self-interest in calming everything down on the signee/draft front. But he could’ve gone to Kendall Rogers or Stefanie Stevenson but instead is starting here.

Note: lol autocorrect on SS’ name.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I think what we don’t realize is that this has all been a giant ploy by Wes to get people to tune in to tonight’s show.

Yeah I heard Ryann changed out that 45 watt bulb for a 50, dubber got a new pack of nutter butters and Sean......carved CJS initials in his beard.

ShivasFrog

Ask him to elaborate on the scholarship limitations and how that affects a private school like TCU compared to other state schools.

Then follow up by asking how other private schools (Stanford, Vandy, Duke all in post-season play) deal with the problem. Bigger endowment commitment? Financial hardship scholarships?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Then follow up by asking how other private schools (Stanford, Vandy, Duke all in post-season play) deal with the problem. Bigger endowment commitment? Financial hardship scholarships?
They do indeed have much larger endowments. Stanford especially.

ThisIsOurTime

Don't just ask softball questions:

1. Ask Coach Schloss if he is now truly committed to TCU or will he try to shake down TCU again in a couple of years or jump ship? If he is truly committed to TCU for the next 5 or 10 years, he needs to make it crystal clear.

2. What can be done to prevent TCU from being shorthanded like this season after a few injuries? How can this situation be avoided in the future?

3. In light of the last game, has he considered adjusting his situational pitching strategies? For example, will he have a greater willingness to let the hot hand continue to pitch a bit longer or does he fervently believe that probabilities should dictate his decisions?

4. Why was he considering the Miss State job? What is it that he feels TCU wasn't giving him? Was this simply a ploy to get a raise?

5. What standards does he use to decide if a pitcher can pitch on a short rest? For instance, how was he deciding how long various pitchers could go in the final game who had pitched previously in the tournament? How does he balance the desire to win the game with fear of potential injury and future draft prospects of the player? How has this changed over the course of his career?

illini_frog

How often do him, Dixon, and Patterson talk?

I truly believe one of the things that makes TCU special is how connected the major programs are, wonder what all they learn from each other.

froginmn

does he have problems with redirects on this site?

What does he think of Kaylee Hartung?

Okay seriously:

What is his recruiting strategy when it comes to players with high draft stock?

I suppose he can't comment on a recruit; I want to know more about plans for Nick Juaire.

What caused Saarloos to stay?

PurpleBlood87

We all know how much he loves baskeball. Is he fired up for Jamie Dixon's third season and will he be sitting courtside more often this season?

Paint It Purple

does he have problems with redirects on this site?

What does he think of Kaylee Hartung?

Okay seriously:

What is his recruiting strategy when it comes to players with high draft stock?

I suppose he can't comment on a recruit; I want to know more about plans for Nick Juaire.

What caused Saarloos to stay?
Liked the recruiting/draft likely question. Rest made me laugh

Ask about his thoughts about the MLB draft and TCU development to the league.

Ask about what he needs from TCU fans in support .

What would he like to see in facilities for the future for TCU baseball.

Asked him what his thoughts about scholarship limits, should more scholarships be given, etc.?

Tell him we are incredibly excited about him being back and we are ready for another championship run.