• The KillerFrogs

Coach felt dominated and quit!

roddog

Banned
Makes no sense why they at least tried come back vs tech down 10 late last year and this year punted. No confidence at all. If I were a frog I'd be pissed.

Long Time Fan

Long Time Fan
I disagree. There was almost 6 minutes left in the game.  Two timeouts left.  We were on our own 30 something yard line.  You punt, flip the field.  Trust your defense to hold them and get the ball back with about 3 or 4 minutes to go.  Try and score quickly then onside kick.  This as opposed to go for it and if you don't make it they have the ball almost in field goal range and have the momentum.  I think he made the right decision.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
You never go for it on 4th and 2 on your 30 yard line with 6 mins left to play in a two possession game with 2 TOs left in your pocket. Especially after you D just delivered a nice series after your punter pinned their offense at their 1 yard line. We had opportunities to stop LSU drives, plenty of 3rd and longs, but the D never brought enough pressure; which their QB couldn't handle--honestly believe a better pass rushing team will kill him this year (Alabama?). I'm sure many think we should have gone for it earlier instead of punting and pinning them at the goal line. Sometimes the right play works for you and no one remembers, but when it goes wrong everyone jumps in to say how idiotic the right decision was.

PurpleBlood87

LSU took over on its final possession with 5:15 left to play. Sorry but in most coaching circles when it is third-and-two and you aren't going to risk it on fourth down, you run the ball on third down. When you throw the ball on third, it usually signals that you are willing to run the ball on fourth down to get the first down.

Reminded me of the Arizona game when Fran faced a fourth-and-one and decided to punt the ball to a Wildcats offense that TCU's defense couldn't seem to stop. I think it was Dennis Northcutt who shredded the defense all night.

I love GP thinking his defense could stop LSU's offense but there were few signs of that last night. In a big game you to gamble. Felt like to me he was looking to keep the score close instead of losing by just 10.

Great coaching move to bring in Boykin. He brought a different tempo and LSU had trouble with the added dimension of him running the ball. He also threw a lot better other than the interception where he really look down Carter.

PurpleBlood87

TxFrog1999 said:
You never go for it on 4th and 2 on your 30 yard line with 6 mins left to play in a two possession game with 2 TOs left in your pocket. Especially after you D just delivered a nice series after your punter pinned their offense at their 1 yard line. We had opportunities to stop LSU drives, plenty of 3rd and longs, but the D never brought enough pressure; which their QB couldn't handle--honestly believe a better pass rushing team will kill him this year (Alabama?). I'm sure many think we should have gone for it earlier instead of punting and pinning them at the goal line. Sometimes the right play works for you and no one remembers, but when it goes wrong everyone jumps in to say how idiotic the right decision was.

You contradicted yourself. Yes the defense made a stand at the goal line but that was when LSU was playing it pretty safe and running the ball. Like you said LSU killed TCU on third and whatever the distance. Going 13-of-19 on third down is just unacceptable. With no pass rush Mettenberger picked the secondary apart on third downs. He completed a killer 26-yard pass on third down three plays into the last drive. Just wasn't TCU's night. Really missed Fields. Also didn't see many blitzes. Sacks off blitzes and on the next play after the sack the pass rush seemed to get stronger, maybe LSU was worried about the blitz then a changed its block scheme.

PurpleBlood87

cdsfrog said:
You are a fat, disgusting, stupid worthless troll.

Sorry he kind of has a point. Punting made no sense. TCU's defense wasn't very good last night, that's being kind. Just saw the punt as a signal that GP didn't want to get beat by 17 points.

Dominated I don't agree with.

cdsfrog

PurpleBlood87 said:

Sorry he kind of has a point. Punting made no sense. TCU's defense wasn't very good last night, that's being kind. Just saw the punt as a signal that GP didn't want to get beat by 17 points.

Not disagreeing with that assessment. However it's not his coach and what I said stands. Hard to fathom how any TCU fan would want to associate with him in real life.

Mike Brooks

Long Time Fan said:
I disagree. There was almost 6 minutes left in the game.  Two timeouts left.  We were on our own 30 something yard line.  You punt, flip the field.  Trust your defense to hold them and get the ball back with about 3 or 4 minutes to go.  Try and score quickly then onside kick.  This as opposed to go for it and if you don't make it they have the ball almost in field goal range and have the momentum.  I think he made the right decision.
Agree. Fat boi ain't the brightest.

Waccy Frog

I can't read the OP since I have him on ignore, but it is hard to imagine he is saying anything worse than what our own fans are saying about our coaches and players in other threads.

Mike Brooks

Just the usual. Apparently, it isn't just the media and voters that don't give a crap about tech. Their own fans would rather hang out on a TCU board than their own board.

roddog

Banned
froglicious said:
Just the usual. Apparently, it isn't just the media and voters that don't give a crap about tech. Their own fans would rather hang out on a TCU board than their own board.
Irrelevant went 6-2 vs Tcu in sports.