• The KillerFrogs

Coach Avalos' defense

vicarfrog

I don't trust Jeremy Clark's football intelligence to give us actual meaningful insight other than drinking purple kool-aid. The fact that you have to pay to read his reports is ridiculous.

He couldn't even report about Hoover's injury. You can get more or at least the same info from following a free Twitter account.

You’re welcome to your opinion. I’m just answering the original question as to what anyone has heard.

I guess we’ll all see for ourselves eventually.

vicarfrog

To be fair, every D coordinator we’ve had in the last decade described their D as flying to the ball and aggressive. Those are D coach buzzwords
Not trying to argue, but I honestly don’t remember that being a description of JG’s defense. “Spill and kill” I heard a lot of, but not flying to the ball.

Froglaw

Truly an improvement over the scout team like results of last year.
I’m being overly critical here.

The scheme worked at Tulsa and during our Fiesta Bowl/CFP run.

The 3-4-5 requires with the right personnel. Last year the Frogs lost too much in 2023 to stop most good offenses.

I get physically ill thinking about Colorado‘s running back on a swing pass running unopposed in a vacant left half of our field for massive gains on multiple crucial downs. That was just plain bad coaching.

Patterson‘s 4-2-5 needed two excellent cover corners, two athletic linebackers, two good safeties that hit like freight trains, and at least one speed rusher that could be moved around to either side. Patterson was a genius in that he would look at raw football talent and plug it into his scheme. It worked of the majori of the time from 1998 until 2021.

EDIT: DD said no one would notice

Last edited:

Double D

Tier 1
What is the 3-4-5???
simon cowell facepalm GIF

I’m being overly critical here.

The scheme worked at Tulsa and during our Fiesta Bowl/CFP run.

The 3-4-5 requires with the right personnel. Last year the Frogs lost too much in 2023 to stop most good offenses.

I get physically ill thinking about Colorado‘s running back on a swing pass running unopposed in a vacant left half of our field for massive gains on multiple crucial downs. That was just plain bad coaching.

Patterson‘s 4-2-5 needed two excellent cover corners, two athletic linebackers, two good safeties that hit like freight trains, and at least one speed rusher that could be moved around to either side. Patterson was a genius in that he would look at raw football talent and plug it into his scheme. It worked of the majori of the time from 1998 until 2021.

Latest posts