• The KillerFrogs

Coach Avalos' defense

TemCatFrog71

Does anyone out there have a report for the rest of us who don't get out much on what the Avalos defense looks like so far in Spring Practice?

Limey Frog

Jeremy Clark on 247sports has described the defense as flying to the ball, aggressive, and frustrating for the quarterback.

It also sounds like the depth is very impressive too.

I trust his judgement and it sounds like his assessment of this defense is that it is vastly improved.
He also said we would go 11-1 last year, so there's that. But the defense can't get worse, and few people can manage to be wrong all the time.

McFroggin

Jeremy Clark on 247sports has described the defense as flying to the ball, aggressive, and frustrating for the quarterback.

I trust his judgement and it sounds like his assessment of this defense is that it is vastly improved.

To be fair, every D coordinator we’ve had in the last decade described their D as flying to the ball and aggressive. Those are D coach buzzwords

Double D

Tier 1
I like what this says. Got this email today from Flying T Club. No more 3 man front!!!!

5NPcIsLRmy6A8Q3Gzuf32V9p7OC7GN_3uzX_qaUiVeEKuAuVbjI-u48rTGBjphcj9KYSa7MK-9hI1Zz0jPVe3jsP_TBXLMVe3IaCtrWuZvntEUimNegpNO_X49xlZslcfsG4aj5_et13tnjts-aRgro

Flying T Club: Walk us through your decision to transfer to TCU. What was it about TCU that drew you to Fort Worth?

Kaleb Elarms-Orr: What ultimately drove me to Fort Worth was the staff and the people here at TCU. The staff was really welcoming and I just enjoyed being around them. They’re also very knowledgeable and it’s just a family-like atmosphere here. Coach Avalos and the whole defensive staff really stood out to me. When Coach Avalos first got hired, he immediately started recruiting me. He let me know that I was a priority and I really appreciated that. On my visit, Coach Kaz and the strength staff also stood out. Their presentation wowed me and I liked their plan to make me a better athlete.

Flying T Club: What can Horned Frog fans expect out of this new defense under Coach Avalos?

Kaleb Elarms-Orr: It’s a different defense than the last one. Instead of a 3-down, it’s a 4-down front. It’s more of a 4-2-5. We’ll pretty much always have four guys rushing somehow, someway. It’s a very aggressive defense. We’re going to create a lot of pressure on quarterbacks and create a lot of havoc on the offense as a whole. This is a defense that allows guys to fly around, show their athletic ability, and just make plays without having to think too much.

Flying T Club: This is a very experienced linebacker room. How has that competition been this spring?

Kaleb Elarms-Orr: Competition has been great so far. I’ve been getting to compete with all the guys and get to know them better as well. I’ve been pushing myself and they’ve been pushing me to get better. It’s given me a different mindset and has made me a better player.

Flying T Club: Outside of football, what should TCU fans know about Kaleb Elarms-Orr?

Kaleb Elarms-Orr: Outside of football, I like to play video games. Right now, it’s a lot of Call-of-Duty. Surprisingly, I’m not huge into sports video games. I like to eat. I’ve gotten to try a lot of new food places in Fort Worth. Fort Worth has a lot of great spots and I’ve still got plenty of places I want to try. I like to shop - I’ve always been really interested in fashion. I also enjoy watching movies in my spare time.

Flying T Club: What are your career aspirations after your playing days are over?

Kaleb Elarms-Orr: After I’m done playing, I definitely want to get into real estate. I want to get my real estate license either here in Texas or back in California. I want to start selling homes, maybe flipping houses, maybe renting out houses and gaining passive income that way. I have a lot of things in mind. I don’t want to limit myself to one thing in the real estate field. I have a lot of areas that interest me within the real estate industry. That’s definitely the path I want to take after ball.

TooColdU

I don't trust Jeremy Clark's football intelligence to give us actual meaningful insight other than drinking purple kool-aid. The fact that you have to pay to read his reports is ridiculous.

He couldn't even report about Hoover's injury. You can get more or at least the same info from following a free Twitter account.

Last edited:

The TCU Football Jerk

Runs both three and four man front. Uses "tweeners" (not quite big enough for LB and DL) extensively. Multiple looks and formations. Disguises coverages. Lots of pressure.

Exactly what we didn't have before. I'm cautiously optimistic.

yeah, one thing I've learned, you can never judge how good a team is when all they do is play each other. The proof will be in the pudding.