• The KillerFrogs

Chill out, HCGP is a great coach

asleep003

GP needs to be at least as bold for the staff of 2020 season as he was for the moves he made for 2014. The players fans and school needs and deserves this.

nwlafrog

I was one of "the Terminators" at one of the companies I worked for. We had supervisors/managers that just couldn't get the job done for whatever reason, so there was another guy and myself that were the firing type. When the two of us called someone into one of the conference rooms, other employees started packing the belongings for that person.

I've experienced the furious fired employee and the ones that actually thanked me after the convo.

I once wrote up a guy for having an epileptic seizure at work. Yes, I am (was) that guy. He spent his time smoking and not taking care of his health during his breaks. He created a work stoppage by flopping on my production floor. He's one of the ones that thanked me later, btw.

good lord at the last paragraph

puckster59

Expectations are a funny thing. How many fans in any given year think their team is gold? How many actually are? And what exactly is it that separates them. We know it’s not recruiting rankings. It’s not 40 times or average height and weight or any tangible metric. There are countless intangibles that separate teams that win by 3 and those that lose by three. And many are out of a coach’s hands. I remember the excitement over one of CGP’s first post-Rose Bowl recruiting classes that had better players than we were used to, and I remember him commenting several times about the individual mentality on that team a year later. We’ve seen teams here the last decade that were talented and together. They went to war together, win or lose, every week. We’ve seen teams ... not so much. At some point it’s up to the players. I don’t think we saw it this year or last. I just don’t think the coach who won 10 games however many years is suddenly [ Finebaum ] for a couple when he doesn’t. Again, it’s ridiculous that the talent present couldn’t produce this year. But then again, I don’t have any knowledge of what the locker room was like before a game or before a practice on Monday or in film sessions. I don’t have any knowledge of what was going on other than what everyone saw from the opening kickoff till the last play. And it wasn’t very inspiring. But there are an infinite number of factors involved that the average fan has no clue about.

McGregor's Goat

My position has been that GP worked a miracle at TCU, for which I'm grateful, that he's still a great defensive coach, and he has earned the benefit of the doubt and shouldn't be fired.

My position is also that TCU has had a winning regular season record once in the past four seasons because the offense has been terrible and shows no signs of improvement. I think the offensive coaching staff, and Cumbie in particular, is bad and has caused our offense to underachieve relative to talent level. And I think, though I'm not sure, that GP fails to recognize the need to make significant staff changes and I'm afraid that Cumbie will be back in the same capacity next year, and our offense will continue to ruin things for us. Of course I hope I'm wrong and I still cheer for TCU.

I'm not sure if this position makes me a "troll" or not. I have seen different shades of frustration on this board. I think there are some jerks/idiots spouting off that GP sucks and should be run out of town, but I think most of the criticism is more nuanced and reasonable.

Bob

I fired a guy who was caught coupling with himself in the mens room at work. At his union greviance hearing for violating his sexual preference rights, the firing was upheld because he was informed that he wasn't fired for beating his meat, but because he was beating his meat on the job.

Hemingway

My position has been that GP worked a miracle at TCU, for which I'm grateful, that he's still a great defensive coach, and he has earned the benefit of the doubt and shouldn't be fired.
tenor.gif

Last edited: