• The KillerFrogs

Chicken Little

ticketfrog123

We are not Alabama. We don't heavily "process" players and have the luxury of a freak athlete true freshman at every position who can start. Most players need time to develop. We're clearly in a rebuilding phase...it happens to most programs save a select few (FSU, ND, MSU, etc are all "down" to various lows with stable HC).

1.  No QB except Pachall had a "good" first year in any of the previous offensive systems (Dalton, Boykin [took 2 years]) ...maybe these things are complicated and we don't give the 18-22 year olds enough credit. 

2. OL isn't helping...neither is play-calling or decision making by Kenny; not sure which it is. It seems as if he's been told to not scramble and look for the pass first, second, and third. Offense looked the most fluid during Arkansas. He needs to establish that he can run to open up windows that he needs to throw it. Accuracy doesn't seem to be significantly improved since A&M. Drops don't help him, but can't claim they're all on the WR when he misses screens/swings/throws in the flat. 

3. Defense...no clue about that since we returned pretty much everyone and got worse  :blink:

4. We'll finish .500 or a game above it...we"ll be significantly better next year with both OL and DL. Would rather be 7-5 with a beatable bowl opponent than 9-3 or better with this year walking into a bowl game where we'll get blown out (see nebraska + A&m later this year) 

Unrelated: 
5. Where is this kicker who has been injured for almost 3 months? 

ticketfrog123

Froglivesmatter said:
By people's sources on here it doesn't appear that many players on this team care much about winning. Rebuilding or not, that makes me sick.

find that hard to believe....can't imagine it being any fun getting your ass kicked and having to hear about it from coaches after

frognutz

ticketfrog123 said:

find that hard to believe....can't imagine it being any fun getting your [Rod Gilmore] kicked and having to hear about it from coaches after

Texas has been doing it for 5 years....

ticketfrog123

frognutz said:

Texas has been doing it for 5 years....

yeah but we're not running around handing out orange slices with a complacent coach and prima donnas. Could definitely say that Texas and Michigan (until the past year or two) have been doing the same for 5 years

Horny4TCU

If I'm not mistaken, Hill is gone after next year. We don't have 2-3 years to develop a player that has forgotten how to QB. Stats be darned, the guy makes terrible decisions 75% of the time and is not a leader. 

ticketfrog123

Horny4TCU said:
If I'm not mistaken, Hill is gone after next year. We don't have 2-3 years to develop a player that has forgotten how to QB. Stats be darned, the guy makes terrible decisions 75% of the time and is not a leader. 

So wooten or true freshman shawn robinson? something tells me they won't perform any better being thrown into the fire like that. Buechele seems to be doing okay...but it's a surprise he hasn't been injured yet due to his small frame

ticketfrog123 said:
4. We'll finish .500 or a game above it...we"ll be significantly better next year with both OL and DL. Would rather be 7-5 with a beatable bowl opponent than 9-3 or better with this year walking into a bowl game where we'll get blown out (see nebraska + A&m later this year) 

Not sure what you have seen that makes you think this team is going to get to 500, a game above 500 or to a bowl game. I don't see another win on the schedule. I don't see anything to get excited about for next year either. Team has no leadership, no heart, no size, no common sense, and at this point you have to question the talent level. Team is rotten at core and has the stench of a loser

Horny4TCU

ticketfrog123 said:

So wooten or true freshman shawn robinson? something tells me they won't perform any better being thrown into the fire like that. Buechele seems to be doing okay...but it's a surprise he hasn't been injured yet due to his small frame

I would go with Muehlstein, Wooten, or Kitna. In that order. Muehlstein the SO might know the system a little better and be able to make more of an impact this season or next. Or we finish the season with FR and get them into the system a lot quicker and take the hit. But frankly we don't look like we will win anymore games this season as it is. If I am Patterson, I would look at my bench and all the young players and tell them go earn a spot. No body else on the field, apart from Hicks, looks like they want to be out there. Get those FR and SO hungry and angry, give them the frog factor and wake up a leader. 

ticketfrog123

watchoutforthelizard said:
Not sure what you have seen that makes you think this team is going to get to 500, a game above 500 or to a bowl game. I don't see another win on the schedule. I don't see anything to get excited about for next year either. Team has no leadership, no heart, no size, no common sense, and at this point you have to question the talent level. Team is rotten at core and has the stench of a loser
lol. Texas is awful, K-State is beatable. jury is still out on oklahoma state, but probably a loss. 

Horny4TCU said:

I would go with Muehlstein, Wooten, or Kitna. In that order. Muehlstein the SO might know the system a little better and be able to make more of an impact this season or next. Or we finish the season with FR and get them into the system a lot quicker and take the hit. But frankly we don't look like we will win anymore games this season as it is. If I am Patterson, I would look at my bench and all the young players and tell them go earn a spot. No body else on the field, apart from Hicks, looks like they want to be out there. Get those FR and SO hungry and angry, give them the frog factor and wake up a leader. 

Mule is behind foster...won't play. Kitna is a walk-on...won't play. 

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Wow. That was dramatic!

You don't happen to have club seats you might be looking to unload?

Horny4TCU

ticketfrog123 said:
lol. Texas is awful, K-State is beatable. jury is still out on oklahoma state, but probably a loss. 

Mule is behind foster...won't play. Kitna is a walk-on...won't play. 

Yeah, but no matter how much I want Foster in there, he is null in my desire to  have GP make Dalton 2.0... Too old. 

News Flash: TCU is awful and I'm sure the UT fans have circled us as an easy win. K State was within 1 of the team that beat us by 24 yesterday. OSU looks a heck of a lot better than we do. I see each of those games as L's.

ticketfrog123

News Flash: TCU is awful and I'm sure the UT fans have circled us as an easy win. K State was within 1 of the team that beat us by 24 yesterday. OSU looks a heck of a lot better than we do. I see each of those games as L's.

UT fans can circle whatever they want...including charlie strong to push him out this year. Lost to ISU last year...needed officiating help against awful ND. Cal isn't good. still struggled against ISU this year. 

you're overreacting. 

ticketfrog123 said:

UT fans can circle whatever they want...including charlie strong to push him out this year. Lost to ISU last year...needed officiating help against awful ND. Cal isn't good. still struggled against ISU this year. 

you're overreacting. 
No I'm being honest. TCU is a bad football team and will lose to UT. The horns are not very good but they are better than us. They run the ball very well between the tackles and will have at min 200 yards rushing. TCU best win is against an FBS school so we have no room to talk when it comes to 2016 skins on the wall.

ticketfrog123

No I'm being honest. TCU is a bad football team and will lose to UT. The horns are not very good but they are better than us. They run the ball very well between the tackles and will have at min 200 yards rushing. TCU best win is against an FBS school so we have no room to talk when it comes to 2016 skins on the wall.

well...just about every team we play is FBS so that's common sense. 

ticketfrog123 said:

well...just about every team we play is FBS so that's common sense. 
My bad, our best win was against SDSU, so we have no room to talk. Not to mention barley getting past a historically bad Kansas team. TCU is bottom 3 of big 12 in 2016

Frogo

Man, this board is a beating sometimes! Not content to see what the Man himself has to say, da experts here know how to make it all better. Well, good luck, guys. I'll stick with GP.

Pharm Frog

Frogo said:
Man, this board is a beating sometimes! Not content to see what the Man himself has to say, da experts here know how to make it all better. Well, good luck, guys. I'll stick with GP.
Been trying to decipher "what the Man himself has to say" for many years. Yet to break the cypher. But expecting full clarity on Tuesday's conference call