• The KillerFrogs

Cheating Allegations Surface at TCU

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
[SIZE=10pt]AP - TCU's run in at their first BCS bowl last fall may be tarnished after reports surfaced today that almost every player on the roster are being given good educations in an effort to help them find good jobs after they leave the school. "It's important to remember that right now these are only allegations -- allegations that we are looking into," said NCAA president James Isch. "But, obviously, if true, this would be very disappointing. The NCAA has certain expectations and standards. It's not fair for players at one school to be given good educations while athletes at other member schools receive basic, remedial instruction that is worth essentially nothing." According to documents seized from the school's registrar's office, TCU's players have received an education worth $43,616 per year totaling almot $175,000 over a four-year career.

Compare that to player at a school like Texas, where tuition is set at $4,051 -- but with an actual value far below that. "I don't want to say too much until these reports are confirmed," said Texas AD Deloss Dodds . "But we're talking about almost $140,000 (sic) difference in education per player -- and that's even if my players stayed four years or graduated, which many of them do not. Then these TCU players are reportedly stepping into good jobs after graduation while my kids, if they don't make the NFL, have absolutely no job prospects or life skills. It's far from a balanced playing field. They are buying the best players by giving them a high-priced education."

In addition to the allegations that they were given an expensive education, many TCU players have been spotted around campus holding books, studying and engaging in interesting conversations. Others have been seen with people who are known to not be tutors. TCU quarterback, Andy Dalton, denied allegations that the Horned Frog program is cheating. "The discourse on this matter is fatuous and inane," he said, implicating the program further. :ph34r:

[/SIZE]

Hump

QUOTE(Hoosierfrog @ Apr 13 2010, 05:19 AM) [snapback]544024[/snapback]
[SIZE=10pt]AP - TCU's run in at their first BCS bowl last fall may be tarnished after reports surfaced today that almost every player on the roster are being given good educations in an effort to help them find good jobs after they leave the school. "It's important to remember that right now these are only allegations -- allegations that we are looking into," said NCAA president James Isch. "But, obviously, if true, this would be very disappointing. The NCAA has certain expectations and standards. It's not fair for players at one school to be given good educations while athletes at other member schools receive basic, remedial instruction that is worth essentially nothing." According to documents seized from the school's registrar's office, TCU's players have received an education worth $43,616 per year totaling almot $175,000 over a four-year career.

Compare that to player at a school like Texas, where tuition is set at $4,051 -- but with an actual value far below that. "I don't want to say too much until these reports are confirmed," said Texas AD Deloss Dodds . "But we're talking about almost $140,000 (sic) difference in education per player -- and that's even if my players stayed four years or graduated, which many of them do not. Then these TCU players are reportedly stepping into good jobs after graduation while my kids, if they don't make the NFL, have absolutely no job prospects or life skills. It's far from a balanced playing field. They are buying the best players by giving them a high-priced education."

In addition to the allegations that they were given an expensive education, many TCU players have been spotted around campus holding books, studying and engaging in interesting conversations. Others have been seen with people who are known to not be tutors. TCU quarterback, Andy Dalton, denied allegations that the Horned Frog program is cheating. "The discourse on this matter is fatuous and inane," he said, implicating the program further. :ph34r:

[/SIZE]

well written R.E., you really did miss your calling! :tongue:

Nick Danger

QUOTE(Hump @ Apr 13 2010, 06:49 AM) [snapback]544032[/snapback]
well written R.E., you really did miss your calling! :tongue:

Although, I'm pretty sure "educations" should be singular!

SnoSki

QUOTE(Hoosierfrog @ Apr 13 2010, 11:19 AM) [snapback]544024[/snapback]

[/SIZE]

Nice.

Opintel

Moderators
Great writing, and probably more true than not.

You scared me very much with that post title...I'm getting old, stop it! :tongue:

fdub

QUOTE(Hoosierfrog @ Apr 13 2010, 06:19 AM) [snapback]544024[/snapback]
[SIZE=10pt] many TCU players have been spotted around campus holding books, studying and engaging in interesting conversations. [/SIZE]

the parody breaks down at this point.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Hoosierfrog @ Apr 13 2010, 06:19 AM) [snapback]544024[/snapback]

[/SIZE]

Hey gdu, post this on HornFans and get back with us on the reaction :laugh:

guerinrules

QUOTE(Hoosierfrog @ Apr 13 2010, 11:19 AM) [snapback]544024[/snapback]
[SIZE=10pt] It's not fair for players at one school to be given good educations while athletes at other member schools receive basic, remedial instruction that is worth essentially nothing."
[/SIZE]

I'm pretty sure the quality of prof's at UT are just as high, if not higher, than at TCU.
Pretty sure an education at UT is just as valuable, if not more valuable, than one at TCU.
What an elitist attitude.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(guerinrules @ Apr 13 2010, 11:13 AM) [snapback]544178[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure the quality of prof's at UT are just as high, if not higher, than at TCU.
Pretty sure an education at UT is just as valuable, if not more valuable, than one at TCU.

Oooch!

Maybe the OP was referring to the edjamakashun players receive as opposed to the general student body....

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(guerinrules @ Apr 13 2010, 12:13 PM) [snapback]544178[/snapback]

Value and quality. Same thing? Perhaps when you graduate hordes of students every year, the chances of the good ole boy network landing a job for another UT grad, may make a UT diploma in Texas more valuable.

Having gone to a large state school for my graduate degree, I can tell you that there was much more scrutiny on the individual at TCU and never realized how difficult it was until I went to a state school. I never took a course at TCU where I watched a TV across the street from the main classroom like many of my UT friends said they did for freshman geology.

Having said that, I'm sure people understand the piece was not meant to be serious. I'm sure UT is a fine school. But it is always hilarious when the self conscious mega state school people feel the need to fire back at little ole TCU. Why not scoff and laugh us off like you usually do?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(Nick Danger @ Apr 13 2010, 08:35 AM) [snapback]544039[/snapback]
Although, I'm pretty sure "educations" should be singular!

Hey, take it up with the quotee...

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(guerinrules @ Apr 13 2010, 11:13 AM) [snapback]544178[/snapback]

Lighten up, Francis.....

Pinkyfrog

Not really, I've seen players walk around campus with books, and I've held many interesting conversations with players.

QUOTE(fdub @ Apr 13 2010, 09:23 AM) [snapback]544092[/snapback]
the parody breaks down at this point.

SnoSki

QUOTE(guerinrules @ Apr 13 2010, 04:13 PM) [snapback]544178[/snapback]

I wonder who is teaching all those football players to roll joints, drive drunk and crash into apartment bldgs?